Xcrawl event at Rules of Engagement, North Carolina, Nov. 9

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Xcrawl event at Rules of Engagement, North Carolina, Nov. 9

Post by goodmangames »

For all you Xcrawl fans in North Carolina -- Rules of Engagement Games in Havelock, NC is having its third anniversary on the weekend of November 9, and they're planning an Xcrawl extravaganza! Xcrawl creator Brendan LaSalle and Coney Island Crawl author Duane Waldrop will be there running events for the weekend. This is your chance to learn all about Xcrawl -- and, if you're already familiar with it, it will be a chance to check out some of Brendan's unpublished work-in-progress, like the Hollywood Crawl that got a lot of buzz from his off-the-record games at Gen Con. If you're in NC, stop on by -- and if you're not in NC, plan a trip! You can learn more about Rules of Engagement here:

http://www.roegames.com/
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
shinsoku
Gongfarmer

Post by shinsoku »

That was good stuff you ran...I wish we'd had more time to go through, but as Team Captain of Bloodbath and Beyond, I, Johnny Beverage, have to say that that crawl was one of the most entertaining and well thought that I've been through.

Sorry, now that I'm done plugging away for my team, that weekend really was a ton of fun. How're the plans for an online Crawl going?
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

Johnny Beverage! You madcap!

Glad you have fun - I loved the ROE event and hope I can come do it again sometime.

I don't know when/ if I will be able to do any online gaming at this point - the next big Xcrawl release is taking up all of my time and then some. Watch this space for details!!

:D

Ya'll must know that Johnny Beverage was one of the most entertaining Crawlers I have ever had the pleasure of trying to kill.

JB, will you post the lyrics to the team theme song here??

be well,

Brendan
shinsoku
Gongfarmer

Lyrics

Post by shinsoku »

Definitely...it'd be my pleasure.

For those who wish to listen to the music that this goes along with, pick up a copy of Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne...or the soundtrack, at least. The track name is "HUNTING".

Striding to darkness
We bristle in battle dress
No path but to success
By all the gods we're blessed

No creature wielded
Against us is shielded,
they face our divine wrath
As we slaughter them, crimson lake, a bloodbath

Monstrous shrieks cut short
A hammerblow's report
All round, hear the thud
We're standing in their blood