Gencon 2007 Highlights and Bloopers

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Spell Reaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Gencon 2007 Highlights and Bloopers

Post by Spell Reaver »

This is a question to both GMs and Participants. What were some of the great moments in your games and some of the big cringing fumbles in your games? :?:
So here is the big question. Do giant gorillas dream of giant bananas?
-Spell Reaver, about to have a barrel containing a flaming monkey thrown at his head.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Reaver,

Seems like we saved all our fumbles for that final encounter. What a painful fight that was. Never seen so many 2's, 3's, and 4's in all my life.

Again, fine job, and see you next year. Can't wait to hear about the other team and how they came close to beating us even though they didn't make it to the final encounter. What did we miss??? Other than not doing the essence switching?

Ben "superfan" Gemmet Thunderfoot Waxman 8)
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Geronimo
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Geronimo »

Reaver I gotta say the way you guys completely handled the Mousetrap room was fantastic. Fireball for the win! Those pesky rats never stood a chance. Retrieving the treasure from the trapped chest was brilliant. However your crew defeated the fire elemental with one minute to spare...not that was timing. I had an absolute blast running for They Might Be Dwarves. I hope I get the honor to face off against you next year :twisted: . Be well gang!

Duane
I'm betting that I'm just abnormal enough to survive.
-The Tick
fairy_lenore
Ill-Fated Peasant

They Might Be Dwarves

Post by fairy_lenore »

Just thought I'd share a photo I took....

Member of the "Usual Suspects" playtesting group and DJ at the first annual Phoenix Crawl Open!
marceille
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by marceille »

superfan wrote:Reaver,

Seems like we saved all our fumbles for that final encounter. What a painful fight that was. Never seen so many 2's, 3's, and 4's in all my life.

Ben "superfan" Gemmet Thunderfoot Waxman 8)

i hear ya! we spent half the encounter praying for double digits. :lol:
but hey we made it through in one peice.
Spell Reaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Spell Reaver »

I think one of my favorite parts was the Harpy hallway. We were tentative because we had to advance in lightning bolt formation. However, we didn't fall for her fireball trap, and her siren song didn't phase us. We ended up having a pulp fiction moment where we gave each other the go ahead, surrounded her, and collectively beat her like she had candy inside for a round and a half. :twisted:
So here is the big question. Do giant gorillas dream of giant bananas?
-Spell Reaver, about to have a barrel containing a flaming monkey thrown at his head.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

I took a lot of the anecdotes and stories from the tourney GMs and added them to the final manuscript as sidebars in the corresponding rooms - from initial feedback, Joseph loved having these glimpses of tourney play and some of the clever ideas players came up with integrated into the module...
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”