About Gencon 2007

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Spell Reaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

About Gencon 2007

Post by Spell Reaver »

If I were to enter your initial gencon indy tournament event and succeed with my xcrawl team in round 1, what subsequent events would I be qualified/obligated to join? :?:
So here is the big question. Do giant gorillas dream of giant bananas?
-Spell Reaver, about to have a barrel containing a flaming monkey thrown at his head.
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

The GenCon XCrawl Tournament is a 3-round event.

If your team advances from Round 1 to Round 2, event slots will be posted. Likewise, if you are one of the lucky, intrepid teams to survive and advance from Round 2 into the Finals, you will reconvene for the Final round of the tournament - after which, the winning team shall be announced and there will be much rejoicing.

If for some reason you are not available to continue, the next highest scoring, eligible team (ie, the Runner Up) will advance in your place.

Does that answer your question?
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
Spell Reaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Spell Reaver »

Yep, question answered
So here is the big question. Do giant gorillas dream of giant bananas?
-Spell Reaver, about to have a barrel containing a flaming monkey thrown at his head.
DJRubik
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by DJRubik »

Not related to the original question, but a GenCon question in general...

For the XCrawl tourneys (which are completely full in terms of registration), if one of the players doesn't show will Generic Tickets be accepted?
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

DJRubik wrote:Not related to the original question, but a GenCon question in general...

For the XCrawl tourneys (which are completely full in terms of registration), if one of the players doesn't show will Generic Tickets be accepted?
Sorry this took so long to respond - I only saw this post now.

I am conferring with the other people managing the tournaments to make sure our policy on this is clear. Once I have confirmation, I'll post that information here.
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

The official PhoenixCrawl Open Player Pack is now available here on the site (click here to download the PDF).

The Player Pack details the policies and guidelines for players who have already registered for the tournament, as well as the Goodman Games policies for Generic Ticket Holders looking to join a game.
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Spell Reaver!!!!

You Rock my bruthah!!!!

Congrats on the excellent play, and ROLEPLAYING. Don't get to see that much these days. Jeremy too with his GRUFF dwarf. Very cool.

Definitely want to keep the group together for next year!!! Gotta keep the crown!!!!

Xcrawl rules!!!

Ben "superfan" Gemmet Thunderfoot Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”