Soundtrack

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Ziggurat Con
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Soundtrack

Post by Ziggurat Con »

Hi All,

I got the chance to experiment with a few songs, and create a wonderful atmosphere in a dungeon. The DJ I created was DJ Casey Kaysome, a DJ with a twisted sense of humor, and a real knack for finding songs that fit each room of the dungeon. Here are a few of the rooms and songs he created for the dungeon.

Artist – Song – Room or Challenge
Carl Douglas – Kung Fu Fighting – 3-2nd Level Kobold Monks, and 1-4th Level Kobold Monk.
Camera Obscura – Let’s Go Bowling – The characters find themselves used as pins in a bowling alley. Balls are being thrown by Orc Fighters dressed as ‘50’s Greasers.
Bobby Darin – Splish Splash – One lucky character has to give a goblin toddler a bath.
Brave Combo – Hokey Pokey – The characters must round up a bunch of zombies, and get them back in their coffins while the zombies keep trying to escape.
John Denver – Grandma’s Feather Bed – Pillow fight with a bunch of orc fighters, knocking them off a huge feather bed.
Chicago – Look Away – A fight against a Medusa (The one from DungeonCrawl Brooklyn).
Weird Al Yankovic – Eat It (or any other of his “food songs”) – 1 character must participate in an eating contest.
The Animals – We Gotta Get Outta This Place – As they are running for the exit of the dungeon

We had more laughs that game, and everyone really enjoyed the dungeon. We also got to introduce Xcrawl to a whole store full of people! It was an "extreme" success for the Extreme Dungeon Crawl League!

Dave Amberson
Ziggurat Con Chairman - 2007
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: Soundtrack

Post by DCCfan »

Sounds like a good time. I always love it when the DM takes the time to add music to the game. It can really set the mood or in this case provide a lot of laughs.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
DJ_Voodoom
Gongfarmer

Re: Soundtrack

Post by DJ_Voodoom »

I let my players pick songs then have a bunch I use. If their song comes up they get a +4 bonus to their roles as long as it is playing.

When I start an X-Crawl I always use the same song:

Let The Bodies Hit The Floor by Drowning Pool
"It's a Dungeon Judge's Job to try to kill you...playing stupid is entirely up to you."

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”