Celebrity Pro-Am Crawl Question! [SEMI-SPOILERS]

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Misroi
Ill-Fated Peasant

Celebrity Pro-Am Crawl Question! [SEMI-SPOILERS]

Post by Misroi »

OK, I've been putting together a mix CD at my job. The Borders I work at is a test store for the Mix'n'Burn stations; basically, you can make your own mix CD at the store, a brick & mortar iTunes, if you will.

I'm trying to find the music that is suggested in the back of the mod; Alanis, Joy Division and Ruby aren't a problem. The other two are. Can anyone suggest other songs that fit the theme of the crawl?
Anemone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Anemone »

Heh. I would hesitate between something ominous and pounding, like Rob Zombie, and hideously upbeat inanities, like the Go-Gos. :) Mix-and-match for jarring effect.
Anemone
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Anemone wrote:... and hideously upbeat inanities, like the Go-Gos. :)
*pretending he didn't hear that*

Detroit Cobras - pick stuff from an album called Baby

and Squirrel Nut Zippers - 'Hell', among others
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Misroi
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Misroi »

OK, here's the list I went with:

1 - All I Really Want - Alanis Morissette (I liked some of the lyrics here to get at Carley's state of mind)
2 - You Oughta Know - Alanis Morissette (this song is probably why the CD was on the list)
3 - Wake Up - Alanis Morissette (she's got a lot of great angry breakup songs on Jagged Little Pill)
4 - Flippin' tha Bird - Ruby (I really don't know this band, but this song sounded good)
5 - Heidi - Ruby (liked some of the lyrics)
6 - Swallow Baby - Rudy (more good angry lyrics)
7 - Disorder - Joy Divison (again, don't know much about them, but the lyrics and tone suggested an altered state of mind)
8 - Day of the Lords - Joy Division (same as before)
9 - She's Lost Control - Joy Division (c'mon, this song *has* to be included for this Crawl)
10 - Juke-Joint Jezebel - KMFDM (I loved this song when I heard it on the 'Mortal Kombat' soundtrack, so I included it here)
11 - Free Your Hate - KMFDM (great title, pretty good song)
12 - These Boots are Made For Walkin' - KMFDM (a cover that fits *PERFECTLY* in the Crawl; I'm ecstatic I found this gem)
13 - Never Gonna Stop - Rob Zombie (the obligatory Rob Zombie track)
14 - Head Like a Hole - Nine Inch Nails (Trent Reznor is the male angry energy to Alanis' female angry energy)
15 - You Know What You Are? - Nine Inch Nails (more appropriately, "DON"T YOU F***ING KNOW WHAT YOU ARE?!?!?!?", so perfect for the Crawl)
16 - Can I Play With Madness - Iron Maiden (needed to fill out the CD, and it's a good title)
17 - Dance of the Dead - Iron Maiden (one of my favorite IM songs)

I think we should do this for more Crawls! :D
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

I'm deep into heavy and hard tunes, one I've found that has a great Xcrawl feel is Sons of Plunder by Disturbed.

Rev Allan Hoffman
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

Van Stephenson - Modern Day Delilah would be another one to fit the mood

Rev Allan Hoffman
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

TATU - All The Things She Said just fits the total mind gone theme
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

Misroi wrote: 9 - She's Lost Control - Joy Division (c'mon, this song *has* to be included for this Crawl)

Yeah your feeling it!

My recommendations for any Xcrawl songs list (with the caveat that they are all my taste, specifically what I was listening to when I wrote it).

1. Mr. Death by The Fat Man And Team Fat
2. You Gots To Chill by EMPD
3. Kid Dynamite by Squirrel Bait
4. Anything from Jock Jams Vol 1 & 2
5. Wake Up Dead by Slayer

One day I will get around to posting a big perpetual list of good Xcrawl songs here that everyone can add to. Watch for it!

much love,

Brendan

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”