What do you want to see next?

In XCC, you're a superstar athlete taking your chances in a live-on-pay-per-view death sport. It’s a modern-day world with a fantasy twist, and the game is simple: the Dungeon Judge, or DJ, creates an artificial dungeon under controlled — but lethal — conditions. Can you survive?

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

vagen
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by vagen »

SWEEEEEEET!!!!!!

I've been hoping for a DJ outrageous fortunes product. =)
For the Glory!
For the Money!
For theFun!!!
DJRubik
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by DJRubik »

DJ LaBoss wrote:In my home campaign one of my teams supplemented their income with the occasional illegal crawl - an unsanctioned event held in secret for gamblers. Literally anything goes - acid, poison, chainsaws, shotguns . . . it was a fairly gruesome event. At one point the team had to charm a hobgoblin into acting as the cameraman since the real one got eaten.

Would anyone be into seeing one of those in print?

B
Actually, a general supplement regarding illegal/unsanctioned and international crawls would be an interesting one.
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

OK here's what I think should come next for XCrawl.

XWorld.

Pandahead promised it but it's no where to be found. Please do XWorld. XCrawl has so much potential to explode into a full world.

How about a contest: Build an XCrawl. Players from all over could put in their best crawls (with maps and pregens of course) and you could post them so that the fans could be the judges and you could publish the best one as your next GenCon entry.

Also a conversion system for DCC to XCrawl would be really cool too.

A 3.5/4e update for all books and products.

A world book and world map not just the NAE.

Revend Allan Hoffman 20+ year gamer 15+ year DM

Jesus SAVES!!! The rest of you take full damage.
DJRubik
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by DJRubik »

rattrap2474 wrote:OK here's what I think should come next for XCrawl.

XWorld.

Pandahead promised it but it's no where to be found. Please do XWorld. XCrawl has so much potential to explode into a full world.
Last I checked, Pandahead is hanging onto the XWorld line as a whole.

Besides, I think there should be a book covering just the NAE before there should be a book covering the entire world... I'm one of the people who'd have a much easier time running a campaign if a general NAE sourcebook was available. Because while I think I could handle a short campaign just out of Crawls, I'm not sure if I'd be able to do a nice, 'meaty' campaign without having a more detailed reference of the country.
DJ LaBoss
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by DJ LaBoss »

DJRubik wrote:
rattrap2474 wrote:OK here's what I think should come next for XCrawl.

XWorld.

Last I checked, Pandahead is hanging onto the XWorld line as a whole.

Besides, I think there should be a book covering just the NAE before there should be a book covering the entire world... I'm one of the people who'd have a much easier time running a campaign if a general NAE sourcebook was available. Because while I think I could handle a short campaign just out of Crawls, I'm not sure if I'd be able to do a nice, 'meaty' campaign without having a more detailed reference of the country.
The NAE sourcebooks is my fantasy project. Hopefully we can bring it to you someday sooner rather than later!

be well,

Brendan
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

Then you should do a NAE Source Book. I know I sure wouldn't mind seeing it. One thing to include would be an exteneded time line of the NAE from the days of the colinies to current.

Reverend Allan Hoffman

Jesus saves, passes to Moses who shoots and scores!
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

I also third or fourth the idea of the NAE sourcebook. Oh the possibilities.
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

Hey just had another idea. What about a Rouge's Gallery. A list of 10 teams from each division and 10 or 20 DJ's along with bio's pics and tactics for all. I think that would rock.

Reverend Allan Hoffman

"Only two things are infinite; the universe and human stupidity, but I am uncertain about the former." -Albert Einstein.
DQuartermane
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by DQuartermane »

Everyone keeps coming up with ideas that freaking rock. I second this.
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

Well here's an idea for a product, would take some creativity but hey, you guys got that in spades. A map of the NAE with cities and major points of intrest (here there be dragon signs and so on) Including major road and path ways. Also a list of all the nature reserves and the major routes into and out of the Double Z. A map of the North Americian Double Z to go with it. You could make it a map book like the map folio's of a company I wont mention. Include the large maps and then smaller maps of the cities them selves and other locations of intrest. I figured the city maps would be different than real life as there was no industrial reveloution and the counrty is a neo roman base vs a british/ french mismash.

For a second idea a set of race books. A detailed account of how the races deal with each other and the cultures of each in modern NAE, and not just the surface races, but also the races of the Double Z. I would like to see the native americans delt with in this style as well as they have alot of potential as creative NPC's because of the differences in the histories and the mock nobility they have.

A whole book dedicated to the culture and locations of the Double Z would be cool too.

Reverend Allan Hoffman

The dark is generous, and it is patient, and it always wins - but in the heart of its strength lies weakness, one lone candle is enough to hold it back. Faith is more than a candle. Faith can ignite the world.
Spell Reaver
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Crawl ideas

Post by Spell Reaver »

I'd love to see some internation Guest DJs to hit the scene (DJ pepper tomato for example) Y'know some foreign representation, give it a little asian, or african creature flair. The other possibilities could include an all underdark crawl by a drow DJ to try and pull the underdark crowd in. The last being, I want to see an unlimited league module, just hemoglobin flavored DJ nastiness.
So here is the big question. Do giant gorillas dream of giant bananas?
-Spell Reaver, about to have a barrel containing a flaming monkey thrown at his head.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

the iron dj challenge!

a collection of adventures, where each of a variety of djs has been given the same ingredients and instructed to come up with the deadliest dungeon! so PCs run into the same "parts" but in visciously different combinations. get monte, gygax, brendan and the maybe soem of the dcc authors to take on the challenge!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

DJRubik wrote:
Actually, a general supplement regarding illegal/unsanctioned and international crawls would be an interesting one.
x-crawl STREET would be sweet.
Misroi
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Misroi »

I was HUGE into XCrawl back when it first came out, and even had aspirations of running something like a league at some stores in the area. Unfortunately, while I was able to get the Brooklyn Crawl in the can, it never really took off beyond that.

So, now, five years later, I'm starting to gear up for a new campaign, and hopefully this one will last longer.

What would I like to see? I'll echo "NAE sourcebook and XWorld" again, but those are the obvious ones. I'd also like to see the Tokyo Crawl. That was promised a LONG time ago, and never came out (a shame, since I would have liked to have seen the fabled Iron Chef room). I'm also toying with having my players start in D4, so something on collegiate XCrawl would rock.
rattrap2474
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by rattrap2474 »

Well if GMG is set in going into 4th ed then here's what I think should be next.

A complete streamlining of the game products to fit into one (50-70$) super tome covering all the info in the 3rd ed main book, sell out and the guild book, all up dated to the current campaign year, and system (what ever that is) and an adjusted time line showing what happened when (Ala Grand History of the Realms) a list of conversion charts of what skill becomes what new condensed skill and what paths cover which old prestige classes. Conversion look like it will be interesting.

Reverend Allan Hoffman
Ask not what your money can buy for you, but what your money can do for WOTC.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Monster Hunter Campaign

Post by Raptor »

How about a book covering the monster hunters who provide all the nasties. I can easily see this as a campaign for people who want something more traditional, but in the X-Crawl setting. Or maybe your team does hunting in the off season to earn extra money (and give your players a change of pace).
FlamingManofIron
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: What do you want to see next?

Post by FlamingManofIron »

I'd really like to see some X-Crawl set somewhere outside of the NAE, just to get something that feels different.

Also, some more DIV 1 Crawls, I've been very impressed with what's come out so far.

Also, most definately

THE TEXARCANA CRAWL! WOOHOO!
FlamingManofIron
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by FlamingManofIron »

Speaking of another thing I'd like to see, is a more detailed description of how X-crawl teams come together. Even it's just a list of suggestions.

For instance, my players are looking at an Elven Bard, Favoured Soul, Sorceror, Human Fighter and Halfling Rogue... How could this be possible?
tentoes
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by tentoes »

I want to see Xcrawl move into its future a bit. just 15-20 years. Ron is Gone, William the first becomes the first Emperor to be actually ousted by the nobles and George the Second now sits uneasily on the throne of a cracked empire. Rebellion is smoldering in the west and the nobles are emboldened by recent success against the last emperor.

International tensions are rising again as the nationalization of Western Eurpope sputters and dies causing the world economy to shudder. India cracks open its borders... just a little and madness is glimpsed. The Half breed orcs have some breathing room. No longer completely ostrisized, but able to hold jobs menial jobs outside of Xcrawl.. because Half elf Drow are the new red headed step children of the NAE. Is it a new age, or is Loki laughing again?

Technology is stagnating as magic is pushed back into the forefront and the one god cult suffers its own civil war in a schism that could shake the foundations of the world. Half Humans can join and find acceptance in certain One god factions.

Granted, this is my own idea of a world. But I think its a good one and I use it in my group and fan stories.
Xenophilos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Xenophilos »

FlamingManofIron wrote:Speaking of another thing I'd like to see, is a more detailed description of how X-crawl teams come together. Even it's just a list of suggestions.

For instance, my players are looking at an Elven Bard, Favoured Soul, Sorceror, Human Fighter and Halfling Rogue... How could this be possible?
To a large extent, this is a "campaign backstory" and "character RP" question. With the possible exception of the Elf, it could be as simple as having any of the others meet at college.

To get a bit more esoteric: the Elven Bard uses spontaneous arcane magic, which is not the same rigorous magic of his or her "elders", so that sets the character up to break the mold a bit and be interested in the "XCrawl for fame" idea.

The Favored Soul class is often described in 3.5 as directly inspired by his or her god to carry a prophetic message-- how better than through mass media?

Sorcerers are charismatic show-offs, so naturals.

Fighters go with anything, even hot salsa.

The rules provide various reasons for Halfling Rogues to get into XCrawl, so he/she could be a last minute add or a childhood friend or a sentenced con.

Or: Give them all 4 free Perform ranks and make them a rock band. They can't make it right now as performers, but one or two decent crawls and the media will love them-- of course, once they taste XCrawl success...
abe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by abe »

How about these?
xcrawls take on psionics & how the various types of magic from “occult lore” would be used in xcrawl.

Return to “Xcrawl (Xcrawl Classics and prior editions)”