Starting Equipment

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

Deraj87
Gongfarmer

Starting Equipment

Post by Deraj87 »

I recently picked up a copy of Etherscope at my flgs. Reading through the book, I decided that I would like to run some friends through it.
I ran into a small snag though, I cant seem to find any rules regarding starting equipment. Could anyone help me with this?
Do the PCs just roll acquisition normally? or are there limitations?
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Starting Equipment

Post by tadk »

Hi Deraj,

MadEd made a great alternative starting gear list
Lets see if I can find it fast, or ask him to give me a copy of it

Ok cannot find it so will msg him to see if he has it still

I never finished my own, or if all else fails, I shall recreate one
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Starting Equipment

Post by tadk »

MadEd’s Equipment Package Rules

The creation of a character for the Etherscope RPG (and, for that matter, any RPG) can be time-consuming—particularly purchasing starting equipment.

The equipment packages have been created as a means to speed up character creation. These rules are based upon the equipment package rules as presented in the d20 Modern Player’s Companion series by The Game Mechanics.

Each one is designed for a particular type of character, based on his or her social class. Each basic package also has add-ons for the various templates within the character’s social class.

Using Equipment Packages
To use the equipment packages, follow the steps below:

1. Determine your character’s starting Wealth bonus normally.

2. Select the Basic Package appropriate to the social class of your character. Your character automatically gets the equipment listed in the Basic Package, regardless of starting Wealth bonus. Record this equipment on the character sheet.

3. Each social class has additional entries, based upon the Template of your character. If your character has that Template, add that equipment to the character sheet as well.

4. There is also a special entry for each Template add-on entitled “Taking 20”, which enables the character choosing to do so to acquire a special (and quite expensive) item of equipment.

Choosing one of these items results in a reduction of the character’s starting Wealth Bonus by one point; more than one item can be chosen, and results in a cumulative loss of Wealth Bonus.

5. You may add to the character sheet any additional items you choose with an acquisition DC that is less than your character’s starting Wealth Bonus.

6. You may exchange any item from any package for any other non-template restricted item with an equal or lower acquisition DC.

7. When you are done, subtract all reductions due to Taking 20 from your character’s starting Wealth bonus. The resulting total is your character’s current Wealth bonus.

Working Class Packages
These packages are common for those of a working class background. Additions to the Basic Package are listed based upon the various templates within the working classes.

Basic Working Class Package
Blue collar outfit, simple weapon of choice, day pack, road atlas

Craftsman Additions
Tool belt, industrial coveralls, duct tape, basic mechanical tool kit, basic ethertech tool kit, penlight torch, rented family flat

Taking 20: Deluxe mechanical tool kit, deluxe ethertech tool kit, flash goggles

Criminal Additions
Overcoat, additional simple weapon of choice, 1d4 pleasure domain scope tabs, rented coffin flat

Taking 20: Standard pistol or revolver, small pistol, pepperbox revolver, one box of ammunition (with any firearm), lock release gun

Disenfranchised Additions
Sleeping bag, portable stove

Taking 20: Standard revolver, pepperbox revolver, 12- or 10-gauge shotgun, hunting rifle, one box of ammunition (with any firearm)

Enlisted Additions
Uniform, oversized range pack, rented coffin flat

Taking 20: Large pistol or revolver, standard rifle, standard autogun, 12- or 10-gauge shotgun, one box of ammunition (with any firearm), light-duty or tactical vest

Proletariat Additions
Industrial coveralls, basic mechanical tool kit, tool belt, rented coffin flat

Taking 20: Standard revolver, pepperbox revolver, one box of ammunition (with any firearm)

Traveler Additions
Overcoat, standard range pack, sleeping bag, portable stove

Taking 20: Standard pistol or revolver, small pistol, pepperbox revolver, standard rifle, one box of ammunition (with any firearm), small fishing boat

Middle Class Packages
These packages are common for those of a middle class background. Additions to the Basic Package are listed based upon the various templates within the middle classes.

Basic Middle Class Package
Business outfit, overcoat, briefcase, handbag, steam carriage

Bourgeoisie Additions
Fashion outfit, fine coat, formal outfit, ethercomm device, zepcar, wall portal scope point, rented quality address

Taking 20: Sports zep

Constabulary Additions
Uniform, police cape, truncheon, patrol box, basic or deluxe evidence kit, steel handcuffs, hip or concealed holster, two box magazines or speed loaders, standard torch, standard pistol or revolver, small pistol, pepperbox revolver, one box of ammunition (with any firearm), rented family flat

Taking 20: Zepcar

Management Additions
Fashion outfit, fine coat, formal outfit, rented large house

Taking 20:

Professional Additions
Fashion outfit, formal outfit, fine coat, handbag, gladstone bag, medical kit, surgery kit, zepcar, rented large house

Taking 20: Ethercomm device, wall portal scope point, sports zep

Tradesman Additions
Fashion outfit, fine coat, formal outfit, rented shop-and-flat

Taking 20: Zepcar

Upper Class Packages
These packages are common for those of an upper class background. Additions to the Basic Package are listed based upon the various templates within the upper classes.

Basic Upper Class Package
Fashion outfit, formal outfit, fine coat, handbag, ethercomm device, symphonica, portable scope point, sports zep, rented quality address

Academic Additions
Day pack, instrument

Taking 20:

Adventurer Additions
Mesh armour jacket

Taking 20:

Idle Rich Additions
40 lb. capacity trunk, fashion outfits (10), instrument, compound bow, pepperbox pistol, hunting rifle, one box of ammunition (with any firearm), sword cane

Taking 20: Royce Spectre, stately home

Landed Gentry Additions
12-or 10-gauge shotgun, compound bow, pepperbox pistol, hunting rifle, one box of ammunition (with any firearm), horse

Taking 20: Stately home

Officer Additions
Uniform, mesh armour jacket,

Taking 20:
Over 30 years spent gaming, all sorts of systems, feel free to ask me anything, no guarantees I will have an answer.

Return to “Etherscope”