Eherscope: Soviet Russia

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

jezter6
Ill-Fated Peasant

Eherscope: Soviet Russia

Post by jezter6 »

Ok, so Etherscope really details life in Britain, a little in America and the German 3rd reich, but does anyone have any ideas of how to run an Etherscope game in Soviet Russia?

Many of the themes are the same: The Party Elite, Capitalist revolutions, the poor being poorer than poor, etc. So I don't see a big problem there.

It's just the theme of Victorian Steampunk that I just can't place into a soviet world...

I'm a big fan of The Red Star, so this is where I want to mix and match to create my own unique game.

Any ideas or suggestions?
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

You have to remember that the soviet union is actually quite a nice place - generally fairly affluent if not politically powerful. It's based on a the idea that communism didn't work in our history due to the agricultural economy which makes the typical worker a farm labourer, but in the etherscope world they have a high tech-based economy which means that the typical worker is a programmer or such like. It's a higher profit, skills-based economy which has driven them forward in a prosperity that, being communism, is shared equally between all.

Ben
yperiwn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by yperiwn »

There are many differences between the USSR of our world and the IG USSR. The financial center of this huge state ain't anymore its european territories, due to the war with the New Reich, but are the Irkutsk, Yakutsk, Kamtchatka nad Alaska region. Whereas the USSR until the mid '50s remained an agricultural state in Etherscope it is the pioneer in enginaught creation (that could mean more effective mechanised agriculture from very early). In the place of the totalitarian regime of our world that disallowed travellling abroad and enforced strict information control, IG it is the most liberal of the existing states.

And of course there is not imperialistic views since it ain't a superpower
"Do androids dream of ellectrical sheep?"
Philip K. Dick

Return to “Etherscope”