What Hath God Thought?

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

Ralph the Dog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

What Hath God Thought?

Post by Ralph the Dog »

How do the religions in Etherscope respond to Man playing God by custom designing human beings?
yperiwn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by yperiwn »

Judging from the social and political strada of the irl Victorian age the protestants and the anglosaxons did nothing. The Catholics are steal screaming and the Orthodox church has discommunicated lots of people on this issue.
"Do androids dream of ellectrical sheep?"
Philip K. Dick
Taurren
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Taurren »

This thread actually started me thinking about a more "orginized & deliberate" response from the major religions of the world towards the creation and subjegation of what is probably considered as "soul-less" beings.

I'm working on a few idea's of my own, but what other concepts / idea's does anyone else have?
Ralph the Dog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ralph the Dog »

I suppose one could always fall back on " I think therefore..I am" but that doesn't mean a "person" has a soul.

Religion would probably have no grey area concerning people like this. The more mainstream religions would accept them while fundamentalist (sp?) churches would see them as godless beings.

And some churches have rather sinister ways of ridding themselves of the godless..Can anyone say the Salem Witch Trials or The Spanish Inquisition?
Mannak
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mannak »

and I wonder what happened to paganism in Etherscope?
Malladin_Nigel
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Malladin_Nigel »

Mannak wrote:and I wonder what happened to paganism in Etherscope?
The canal clans of Britain, the nomads of the US, Eastern European gypsies and the various traveller groups in the Etherscope world all incorporate non christian beliefs into their ideology and pagan beliefs shape a lot of the more spiritual views on etherspace and occult phenomena.
yperiwn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by yperiwn »

For instance couold a gupsy group espouse a a scope rider as a prophet for the uncoming apocalypse whense the deamons of hte etherscope will walk the earth?
"Do androids dream of ellectrical sheep?"
Philip K. Dick

Return to “Etherscope”