A great book to read

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

jamat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

A great book to read

Post by jamat »

Hi all,

Has anyone out there read the following book:

Lord Darcy books by Randall Garrett

I've read it a couple of times over the years and although there is magic instead of the Etherscope I think it gives a good feel to how an Etherscope adventure could be run.

I was also wondering if anyone had bought the two adventures for another RPG called Victoriana by Heresy games (another Victorian rpg....what a suprise) this one is more like D&D in victorian setting (with elfs dwarfs and gnomes etc) and they also do a supplement called the old smoke about London.
Has anyone looked at using them for an Etherscope adventure?
Has anyone converted any other Victorian adventure supplements from other games to Etherscope?

And when's The Great Metropolis going to be in print as I need my next fix of Etherscope .

Jamat
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Be careful about using other supplements for Etherscope, particualrly any resources for London. You have to remember that in Etherscope they shipped all the working class poor people up the the Great Metropolis so that London can be a nice pleasant clean place with no "homeles people one has to step over on the way to the opera"

The Great Metropolis can't be long in coming now. I can't wait for a hard copy, either!

Ben
Taurren
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Taurren »

I've read Lord Darcy and love it! You're right in that they have a great flavor that works very nicely with Etherscope

I picked up the The Great Metropolis pdf and am working my way through it now. Its crammed full with a a really impressive amount of background, story hooks and NPC's. It really helps to bring the complexity of the Etherscope setting to life
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The Great Metropolis is back from the printer and it looks great! It is shipping to distributors next week and should start to appear in stores the week of April 3.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

awesome

Post by tadk »

I have already told my LFGS to get me a copy so I am so glad to wait

Return to “Etherscope”