ES creators hit the Great Metropolis's best gaming store

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

ES creators hit the Great Metropolis's best gaming store

Post by malladin_ben »

New Etherscope Event for Sunday the 29th January
From noon at Fanboy3, Manchester, England. Demo games start at 1pm

The “Wot-No-Etherscope-Demo” Apology
On Saturday 17th,December hordes of eager fans arrived here at Fanboy3 for the world premiere of Etherscope, only to find no one there to sate their desires! Due to a miscommunication, the creators of Etherscope were busily engaged elsewhere in Etherspace and failed to make the event.

On behalf of Goodman Games, we’d like to apologise to everyone who turned up for the demo game, and we’re going to make it up to you! Show up on Sunday 29th January for a bigger and better event! We’ll have three GMs on hand to run Etherscope games, a special freebie offer as our way of saying sorry, and even the chance to get your name in an Etherscope book as an official playtester.

Remember, this offer is open to EVERYONE who shows up, so come on by Fanboy3 on Sunday 29th January and join in the fun!

So what’s in store on the 29th January? - Three games run by Etherscope’s creators, Nigel McClelland and Ben Redmond, and Andrew Kenrick of Steam Power Publishing.
- Free copies of Just a Delivery, the first Etherscope supplement to all who turn up (whilst stocks last).
- The chance to get your name on an Etherscope adventure as an official playtester.
- The chance to preview an adventure from the forthcoming Etherscope supplement, The Great Metropolis.
- A chance to chat about Etherscope with the game’s creators.

What are the games being run?

Cinnamon Rose (1pm-5pm)
Ben Redmond offers the chance to playtest his adventure Cinnamon Rose, which delves into the seedier side of the Great Metropolis’ nightlife. A cry for help from a shopkeeper who’s son has been taken by a Salford drugs gang leads to incredible revelations about the System Agents, Etherspace demons and the bureaucratic masters of the Great Metropolis Corporation.

The Lemurian Candidate (1pm-5pm)
Written and run by Andrew Kenrick of Steam Power Publishing, this is the premier of Steam Power’s first Etherscope adventure. In The Lemurian Candidate you are drawn into a strange occult mystery as Lemurian artefacts are going missing, but why do your investigations lead you towards the Scope?

Sin (1pm-5pm)
Run by Etherscope co-creator Nigel McClelland, Sin is a preview of an adventure from Etherscope’s first setting supplement, The Great Metropolis. Part murder mystery, part spy thriller… maybe that’s too much information already, I’ll not spoil the surprises!

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Man, I wish I lived in the UK so I could make it myself. Sounds like fun. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

goodmangames wrote:Man, I wish I lived in the UK so I could make it myself. Sounds like fun. :)
Ah well, just wait until GenCon this august - we've just found some cheap flights so it's looking very likely we'll be over :). Nigel's got an idea for a live-action Etherscope murder mystery...

Cheerio,

Ben
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Sounds great, Ben! (I just noticed myself that airfare has dropped a little bit compared to a few months ago -- I may book my Gen Con flight now, too.)
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel

Post by Guest »

Ooh, what sort of prices are tickets to Gencon now?

And next sunday sounds like a blast! I can't wait.
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Anonymous wrote:Ooh, what sort of prices are tickets to Gencon now?
They were in the region of £550 for the flights (via Toronto) with FlyZoom (a budget canadian airline), including all taxes and a connection to Indy. The big advantage being that they fly from Manchester, saving the need for expensive hotel/train/long-term parking in London.

A drive might be a fun way to do the toronto-indy leg of the journey(saves about £200), as we've a few days to spare from when the flights go, and we could do the whole road-trip deal (how plausible is this, anyone the other side of the pond?)

Ben
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

America's bigger than it looks on a map. :) Toronto to Indianapolis could be done in one day, but it would be quite a haul. I actually drove Toronto to Milwaukee back around 1998 when I hit Gen Con after a family reunion. If you have time, you could make it a scenic trip. There are some fun places to stop along the way.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

I've never done it myself, but I'm guessing Toronto to Indy would be about a 10 hour drive.
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Mapquest says 9 hours, but its calculations don't really take traffic into account, so 10 hours sounds about right.
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel

Return to “Etherscope”