The World Is What You Make It....

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

Harlan Quinn

The World Is What You Make It....

Post by Harlan Quinn »

When you say that the Ether can be molded...does this mean that you can make any type of city you want?

For example... A Victorian Disneyland could be next to medevil Ether dungeon?

And does Ether exist alongside it's Material Plane counterparts?
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: The World Is What You Make It....

Post by malladin_ben »

Harlan Quinn wrote:When you say that the Ether can be molded...does this mean that you can make any type of city you want?

For example... A Victorian Disneyland could be next to medevil Ether dungeon?

And does Ether exist alongside it's Material Plane counterparts?
Yes, Scope cities can be pretty much whatever you like, provided you have the skill to create your dreams...

Etherspace has its own geography and physical space which cannot be broken (no TARDIS-type domains), but this is not directly tied in to the geography of the Prime Reality. A scope point in London could open onto a point only feet away in etherspace from a scope point in Sydney (Australia).

Cheerio,

Ben

Post by Guest »

What about ownership? Can parts of the Ether be sectioned off and claimed by certain people,companies, countries?

Or would certain areas fall more into the concept of intellectual property? i.e. "I thought of it...so it's mine?"
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

Anonymous wrote:What about ownership? Can parts of the Ether be sectioned off and claimed by certain people,companies, countries?

Or would certain areas fall more into the concept of intellectual property? i.e. "I thought of it...so it's mine?"
The concept of intellectual property isn't one we've much considered, to be honest.

With Etherspace it's not a question of "can" they be sectioned off. To create a space in which you can work and whatever else you may wish to do, you need to create a Domain. These domains, usually connected to one central city domain, are what makes up the Etherscope (as opposed to Etherspace). You will typically have a serivice provider type of company creating and managing a domain which they section off into different systems which can be hired out to other companies.

Cheerio,

Ben

Return to “Etherscope”