Beginning Money

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

KCgeek
Gongfarmer

Beginning Money

Post by KCgeek »

I understand and love the aquisition system for the game. But (Being a brand new convertee to the Etherscope love) Don't fully understand how a starting character's equipment is going to be put together, is it really just they can roll for whatever they want? That seems like it would take a while and people would end up with whatever they want.

Any suggestions or takes on it?
maded
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by maded »

Yes, as with all Modern-based d20 setting type thingies, starting equipment can quite possibly take a while. For EACH character, unfortunately...

My best suggestion is to either save that for an entire session for everyone if you want to allow them plenty of time to choose...

OR, if you aren't quite running a game yet and have some time to wait, after I finish the GM screen Tad and I are discussing coming up with some pre-made equipment packages in order to speed up character generation, much like the equipment packages found in the Player's Companion series by The Game Mechanics.

Or you could come up with a few of your own, and help us out even ;)
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

I toyed around with "Take a 15" for starting characters when I was designing it, but Nigel didn't like the idea. It is messy, but perhaps makes a good house rule to speed up the situation.

Ben
KCgeek
Gongfarmer

Post by KCgeek »

I understand, I'm running a theoretical one shot for my birthday on Saturday. And I want char. creation to be able to go pretty seamlessly perhaps I'll just assign character stuff. Or maybe assigna number of rolls? I know it sounds weird but like 5 5's, 3 10's, 2 15's and a 20. And they choose their equipment from those 11 things? Don't know just a suggestion
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

well

Post by tadk »

well like MadEd said, we are going to make some house rule like lists of gear

if this is a one shot, why not just pre-gen up the characters along with what they have

or make maybe 3 simple lists and they get option A, B, or C

just an idea

TK

Return to “Etherscope”