So, just where is The Lost City?

Forum for Etherscope, our new RPG of cyberpunk Victoriana.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, malladin_ben, Malladin_Nigel

irbslice
Far-Sighted Wanderer

So, just where is The Lost City?

Post by irbslice »

Yeah, I know. It's lost. Good one.

I'm not really looking for a canonical answer here (although I would be all ears if you Malladin's Gate guys felt like spilling). Basically, I'm just wondering if anyone has any theories of their own.

My first thought was that its somewhere in Etherspace, but in Secrets of the Occult, it's implied that people can be physically transported there (from that article about the theater in Swindon). So, I'm thinking it's one of the following three:

1) It's on Earth somewhere, but hidden away.
2) It's on another world.
3) It's in another dimension, separated from ours by the Ether.

Anyone else have a theory?

~Chris
tadk
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Lsot city

Post by tadk »

So where in MotO does that reference appear

Seems i need to do more than skim that book

TK
malladin_ben
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by malladin_ben »

There are many lost cities...

Some are known to many, some are not. Some as yet exist only inside the heads of Nigel or myself.

To which one in particular do you refer?

Ben
irbslice
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by irbslice »

Wow. What an eerie response :lol:

Specifically, I'm referring to the Lost City which serves as the prison/demesne/bachelor pad of the Tattered King, who is served by the Dancers of said Lost City. The city that goes nameless in the text, but bears a striking resemblance to Carcosa :wink:

In my campaign, I have the Tattered King as one of the gods of the former Thule empire. I haven't decided how he got imprisoned in the Lost City yet, but Marcus Freund is combing the uncovered Thule ruins in Russia, searching for a way to release him. The Opus Angelorum believes the Tattered King is actually the Apollyon/Abaddon of biblical myth, and that his release from the "Pit" will bring about the Apocalypse.

Fortunately, most of this won't come into play until much later in the campaign, so I'll have time to change things up if the canon version of events turns out to be more interesting...

~Chris

Return to “Etherscope”