DCC World

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Treebore wrote:OK,

I've been motivated to laminate and hang mine now. Of course I've been waiting until the winter fully sets in and I can convert my upstairs garage area to a gaming room. Just got the 18,500 BTU window AC unit yesterday.
Yeah, I decided to get my maps laminated too. However, Kinkos/FedEx charged me $19.00 to laminate just one map. Yikes! So, I have just one laminated now and will laminate the others as the campaign continues.
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Harley Stroh wrote:Ren! You're killing me. SO cool.

//H
Agreed, that looks really 8) hanging on the wall.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Renshai wrote:Yeah, that is in my house. 8)

I work from home (as a programmer) so when we bought this house I made sure it had a space big enough for my office/gameroom. Its basically an enclosed garage with carpet. I like it!

I did laminate the player's map, but Im going to keep that handy for the guys at the table.

I also did this one in CC2.
Nice work.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

jason.richardson wrote: Yeah, I decided to get my maps laminated too. However, Kinkos/FedEx charged me $19.00 to laminate just one map. Yikes! So, I have just one laminated now and will laminate the others as the campaign continues.
Ouch. The lamination for 4 maps will cost more than the boxed set!

I ended up printing out the pdf maps and taping them together to use as a working copy for my group. We can end up drawing on it and making battle plans or whatever without scribbling on the actual map.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I just buy the rolls of laminating paper at Wal Mart. Yeah, it sucks if I screw up, but I've gotten pretty good at not messing up. I just wish it was thick like it used to be.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Cool! I didn't know they had that. How wide are the rolls? *scurries to walmart*
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Yes! How wide are they? I am getting ready to have mine laminated. Then I am buying myself an 8x4 1/2 insulation panel and mounting the maps on that (so I get them all in 1 picture). My ambition beyond that may fade, however, but the goal is to make a nice frame for it then.

My players LOVED the map. The first thing one of them suggested was "HeY! Rheall could go in the middle of this ocean!". Rheall is my campaign Island, which is roughly 1300 miles x 1300 miles. He was pointing at the Empyreon Ocean.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

PS2,

That is EXACTLY what we wanted GMs to do. So glad it might work out for your game.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

My players LOVED the map. The first thing one of them suggested was "HeY! Rheall could go in the middle of this ocean!". Rheall is my campaign Island, which is roughly 1300 miles x 1300 miles. He was pointing at the Empyreon Ocean.
That's really cool. I plan to do the same thing. My homebrew is a small continent I call Jaessar and I plan to find a place for it on Áereth. Much of my homebrew's history fits easily with the history of Áereth.

I also created a place in my homebrew called the Islands of Jangala (a place full of dinosaurs, druid-dwarves and barbaric humans) that will fit nicely in the waters of western Áereth.

cheers,

jason
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

The rolls are "nominally" for kitchen cupboards, so I believe its 12 inches wide. They work for paper too. Read the other uses listed. Price? Cheap. I don't remember how much, but I want to say around $4.00 US

As for sticking DCC 35 into campaigns, or campaigns into it, I have already put Sterich from Greyhawk along the Easstern border of my Erde campaign, and I see no reason I couldn't stick DCC 35 along the western edge.

I'll have to reread DCC 35 and Wilderlands, but I am hoping to put WL to the south of the DCC mapped area, or hopefully to the west side of the DCC maps.

I'll have a much better idea after I read all the pertinent sections of the respective settings.
francisca
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by francisca »

Well, I just assembled the top map together, and printed it out on the 42" plotter. It looks great.

I plan on assembling the other two, then sticking all three together in huge map, then scaling it down to 40" wide, which would make it just under 7' tall.

:D
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

I plan on assembling the other two, then sticking all three together in huge map, then scaling it down to 40" wide, which would make it just under 7' tall.
:shock: :shock: :shock:

I'm tech impaired. I'd love to see pictures of all these when they are finished.

Edit: Just wanted to add that I'm really happy with this box set. It's been too long. Looking forward to the upcoming DCCs, especially the DM's screen
Last edited by Save Vs. Death Ray on Tue Oct 24, 2006 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Treebore wrote:As for sticking DCC 35 into campaigns, or campaigns into it, I have already put Sterich from Greyhawk along the Easstern border of my Erde campaign, and I see no reason I couldn't stick DCC 35 along the western edge.

I'll have to reread DCC 35 and Wilderlands, but I am hoping to put WL to the south of the DCC mapped area, or hopefully to the west side of the DCC maps.
Treebore ---- if this happens could you work up a rough sketch to show everyone? A lot of us are working with similar settings and it would be intriguing to see how it you put them together.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Save Vs. Death Ray wrote:
Treebore wrote:As for sticking DCC 35 into campaigns, or campaigns into it, I have already put Sterich from Greyhawk along the Easstern border of my Erde campaign, and I see no reason I couldn't stick DCC 35 along the western edge.

Treebore ---- if this happens could you work up a rough sketch to show everyone? A lot of us are working with similar settings and it would be intriguing to see how it you put them together.
Sure! I think I will be bale to make it legible.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

We have a limited supply of DCC World maps now available for purchase on their own. You can find them in the DCC section of our online store:

http://www.goodmangames.com/store.php

Enjoy!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Thats a good deal Joe!

Do you know if you'll be able to offer a map of the Known World that is a single piece, but still huge like the 3 put together?
Eryx
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Eryx »

Great! Just as I have no money. I hope these will still be around in a couple weeks when I get paid.
---

Staunch anti-4E. Nuff said.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Treebore wrote:Do you know if you'll be able to offer a map of the Known World that is a single piece, but still huge like the 3 put together?
Possibly at some point, but not right now. These maps weren't manufactured separately. They're actually "recovered" from a few boxed sets that arrived at the warehouse in a crushed, unsalable condition.

As for the future, right now I'm planning an annual update to the maps. This "update pack" would be the same basic map, but with locations for all the new DCC's added in the past year.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

That is a good idea too.

I posted a message on ENWorld about this. The one in the general forum was closed, because I was accused of advertising, so then I posted again in the publishers forum. Or whatever that forum is where publishers are allowed to do news releases.

So hopefully you'll sell out quickly and have a back order worthy of printing more.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

goodmangames wrote:We have a limited supply of DCC World maps now available for purchase on their own. You can find them in the DCC section of our online store
Curse you and your good ideas.

-throws credit cards and cash at you-

Just take it all, damn it. Take it all.

Curses.

;)

And regarding the Known World? I thought DCC #29 was my favorite Goodman Games purchase this year. Pffft. This boxed set is amazing.

I'd like to offer my thanks to the entire team that made it possible to see it go from an idea to a printed set in my grubby hands. So I have to eat beans and rice for the next year for every meal? At least I have given you every spare scrap of cash I once owned, and possess Known World goodness.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Any Chance of buying other items from the boxed sets that where receoverd from? Even if they are in bad condition?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ogrepuppy wrote:I'd like to offer my thanks to the entire team that made it possible to see it go from an idea to a printed set in my grubby hands. So I have to eat beans and rice for the next year for every meal? At least I have given you every spare scrap of cash I once owned, and possess Known World goodness.
Anything for you, OP. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Harley Stroh wrote: Anything for you, OP. :)
Really? Cool. Come run my next few adventures. I'm feelin' like "teh su><><orz" at DMing lately and kinda miss the lack of responsibility of being a player. ;)

....Oh, you didn't mean that kind of "anything" for me? :cry:
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I'm sure if you ask nice he'd be willing to send a 5x7 photograph of himself you could post on your DM screen.

He'd DM by proxy that way.
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

JediOre wrote:I'm sure if you ask nice he'd be willing to send a 5x7 photograph of himself you could post on your DM screen.

He'd DM by proxy that way.
Now THAT was funny! :)

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”