DCC World

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Maliki
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Maliki »

Sounds like a blast, good luck with the game.
Never throw rocks at a man with a Vorpal Sword
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

So DCC #35 has got an ad/review/thing in the latest issue (#349) of Dragon magazine. Check out Harley's weblog for a scan of it:

So click here.
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

That is awesome, thanks for linking that Jeff.

I don't suppose there is a chance this will be released in PDF format tomorrow or over the weekend?
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

My LGS said there's a good chance they'll have my boxed set in today.

Any of you guys that pre-ordered through your LGS have an ETA on your pre-order? Maybe some of you already have it?
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Mine said they would have it on Tuesday.
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

**wOOt** Got mine just now! Well! Their goes my weekend. :)
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

Got your print version? Thats awesome man!

The link to the pdf version is here: http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... =FrontPage
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

Man! That is a heavy duty box. The maps are too awesome. I do not want to use them. Will the maps come out as a seperate PDF for sale? I would hate to have to pay $39.95 for just the maps.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

It is looking like we'll have regularly updated maps available.

And yeah, the box is heavy duty. Use it as a shield to block thrown dice.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

PeelSeel2 wrote:The maps are too awesome. I do not want to use them. Will the maps come out as a seperate PDF for sale? I would hate to have to pay $39.95 for just the maps.
Hopefully. I'm looking at a couple options. At the very least I want to have yearly "map updates" that will place all new DCC's on the world map. (Future DCC's will also include a sidebar showing where they belong in the world.) And hopefully I'll have something more immediate, too. More to come...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Renshai wrote:Mine said they would have it on Tuesday.
Dagnabbit! My LGS didn't have my boxed-set this past Friday. I'm hoping it arrives this week.

It will probably show up while I am out of town at a technology conference I have to attend this week. Typical.

By the way, I posted a report of my first session:

http://blog.myspace.com/jason_richardson
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

*grin* Just read your entry, Jason. Fun time. Any campaign that begins with the patented "death from above" move is okay in my book. :twisted:

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

The pdf is fantastic. Thanks for the low ink version. Makes reading infinitely easier on screen.

A question about hte southlands. What are the odds of the naga & drakon rising up and taking over the xulmec nations? It seems that with all their ancient might that this shouldn't be too difficult. Corrupt a leader or two, start some intertribal warfare and wait for the humans to out do one another.

Also, how strong is the Blackbriar presense in the colonies? Are they still loyal to the elves of their homeland, or have some gone native?
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Has anyone run vault of the thief lord yet? I'm going to tackle it in the next couple weeks and I'd like to hear what other DMs did to make things easier/harder on their players.

It will be interesting to see how the pcs make out with the ending......
PlagueLord
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by PlagueLord »

Just got the pdf version. As brillioant as I expected.

Having a problem with the maps though. They're huge. Will there be one available for download in the future that is shrinked to just 4-6 pages. Or even a jpg. Anything that will give me and my players a good overview of the realms.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

I'm with Plague. How can my fearsome armies smash Leherti when I can't find directions to the darn place?!

A synthesized download would be great.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

A question about hte southlands. What are the odds of the naga & drakon rising up and taking over the xulmec nations? It seems that with all their ancient might that this shouldn't be too difficult. Corrupt a leader or two, start some intertribal warfare and wait for the humans to out do one another.
If any of that fits your campaign, do it! If that makes for a good political or war-time climate in your campaign, make it so!

But in my vision of the Southlands and the history of Aereth, this isn't likely. The nagas are scattered, unorganized, and few in number compared to the drakon and the Xhulmecs. The nagas of the present time are like the nagas in the Monster Manual. Isolated, lairing in dungeons, territorial, and either aloof (like guardian nagas) or hateful (dark or spirit nagas). Gone is the golden age of the serpent, when they wielded race-dominating magic and "technology."

There's little chance of them uniting again or cooperating longterm with other creatures...especially the drakon, who are chiefly responsible for the final death throes of the old naga empire.

And the drakon? Far too arrogant to get their own kind to work together and conquer Xulmec, much less other creatures outside of their own slaves.
Also, how strong is the Blackbriar presense in the colonies? Are they still loyal to the elves of their homeland, or have some gone native?
I'd say both. The Blackbriars would have a pretty strong presence, a whole quarter of their own, with plenty of mixed offspring, so they've formed a culture of their own reminiscent of their homeland. Think of them like the Creole French in 18th century New Orleans. Not quite like the French, not quite American. Some have definitely gone native!
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Thank you o' wizened Sage of the Ashes! I like that like evil is biting its own tail too much to do much damage but for my own uses they will rise up briefly (when the Xulmec threaten) only to collapse under their own depravity. cool!

Sage did you ever run an all naga/drakon campaign? it'd be cool to see a series or a gaz on the serpertine south
bighara
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by bighara »

All this praise for the pdf version. I'm so torn. Spend $70 on the hard copy or $40 on the E-copy? I can't really afford both. The pdf is cheaper and I can look at while at work, but I WANT BIG MAPS!

*sigh* :cry: Decisions Decisions
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

Maybe wait to see if Goodman will just sell us copies of the maps. i'm in the same boat.
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

Sage did you ever run an all naga/drakon campaign? it'd be cool to see a series or a gaz on the serpertine south
Sage? Pish posh.

I've not had the time and fortune to run any such campaign myself; so far I've only been fortunate enough to dream some of it up.

But I agree, the snakey south would be a fun place to focus on.
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Not the drakon per se, but I've run a campaign or two heavily based on the naga and other certain snake-like humanoids.

It made for some very cool gaming. :D

If you decide to go that route in your own games, keep us posted!
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Renshai »

I finally got my boxed set today. Wow.. just wow. The PDF was one thing, but having this in hand is something else.

Adventure, here I come. Our first game starts this weekend and the PCs will be traveling from Archbridge all the way up to Wildsgate.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:) Glad it didn't disappoint.

Keep us apprised of the game!

//H

someguyfromohio
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by someguyfromohio »

“Man! That is a heavy duty box.”

Try lugging it around GenCon all day. :D
How we doing? Same as always. That bad, huh?

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”