DCC World

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

Argamae wrote:
jason.richardson wrote:
Warduke wrote:is it better than osric? what distinguishes one from the other? (is osric = ad&d and ll = od&d?) :?:

.....you know, i was never a huge fan of osric, but if lablord = od&d i might have to give it a looksee.
The e-book is free. Go take a look. It is basically a rewrite of Basic D&D using the OGL.

cheers!

EDIT: I see I missed your question:

OSRIC is AD&D First Edition as seen through the lens of the OGL and Labyrinth Lord is Basic D&D (Holmes, Moldvay, etc.) as seen through the lens of the OGL.

Make sense?
I think it does! Thanks for pointing out LL! I have just downloaded the E-book and the rest of the free material. Nice old-school web site, love it! Since I am running a Mystara Campaign using C&C, this might actually work even better! Cool! :D
You are very welcome. Have fun and let us know how the Mystara campaign goes if you use LL.

Don't you agree that some DCCs using the LL rules would be awesome?

game on!
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

Warduke wrote:this was posted on d&d insider, where the head designer was talking about what the default setting for fourth edition should be.

reads alot like aereth to me. :) :) :)
I agree. When I first heard "points of light," the first thing I thought of was Aereth. :)

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”