This might be a dumb question...

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Ozric
Far-Sighted Wanderer

This might be a dumb question...

Post by Ozric »

...since they're called "Dungeon Crawl Classics" and all, but do any of them provide any wilderness or urban adventure?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Most are "dungeon crawls" but we have some coming up set in the wilderness, and I'm hoping to get some urban crawls on tap soon.

In general, they are tougher to write, but I think they will make great additions to the line.
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Ozric
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ozric »

Dungeon crawls are lots of fun, but I agree that wilderness and urban crawls would be good additions to the line.
Jeff LaSala
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Jeff LaSala »

No doubt any day Harley will head up the new Urban Crawl Classics line. :wink:

I'd think Into the Wilds would be a good start. Plus The Adventure Begins (DCC #29) does have some urban-based adventures, wherein the "dungeons" are cellars...or, in the case of the adventure "Stench of Death," warehouses and ships.

So there you go. It's already begun!
Goodman Games: DCCs: #29, #31, #35, #48, #49, #51; Hero's Handbooks: Dragonborn, Tieflings; Level Up
Wizards of the Coast: The Darkwood Mask
Blindsided Books: Savant
Ashlock.org; NY Speculative Fiction Examiner
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

While all the adventures are dungeon crawls, many are set in urban locations.

DCC #20: Shadows in Freeport is an urban crawl (set in a "haunted mansion" in Freeport, believe it or not):
http://www.goodmangames.com/5019preview.php

DCC #24: Legend of the Ripper is an urban crawl (set in Porthmeor):
http://www.goodmangames.com/5023preview.php

DCC #27: Revenge of the Rat King is set in the sewers beneath a city:
http://www.goodmangames.com/5026preview.php

DCC #34: Cage of Delirium is set in an asylum that can be placed outside any city:
http://www.goodmangames.com/5033preview.php

The aforementioned DCC #28 and DCC #29 both contain additional urban/wilderness adventures.

Hope that helps.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ozric
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ozric »

Indeed it does help. Since I'm contemplating running an entire campaign based almost entirely on DCCs because of the impending release of the Known World, I was wondering if the line had enough variety to keep things fresh.

In addition to the two modules that GG has released for C&C, I've picked up DCC #29 and #1 in anticipation of the Known World. So far I like the product line a lot and I'm looking forward to running some stuff.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Known World is an excellent Campaign to run a C&C game in. I think the general "power level" of this world is much more in line with C&C than other settings.

I use the Trolls Erde campaign world and there are things in there I have to ignore/not use to keep things at what I consider to be the right power level for C&C.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Ozric
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ozric »

It's weird. I'm totally stoked about the Known World, and it's based entirely upon opinions people who own it have posted on forums both here and at rpg.net. I've been collecting C&C stuff since it first started being published, though I've never actually played the game. But the stuff I've read about the Known World, the sterling reputation that DCCs have for old school coolness, and the idea of using it all with C&C, just really seem to click with me for some reason.

I can't wait P-)
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Did you read the teasers recently posted in the DCC 35 thread down below?
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”