Party Size question

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Party Size question

Post by gmdave »

Are there any DCC's that are intended or could work well with a small party, say like 2 or 3 characters. Going to run a side game for some other characters, and just thought if there was something already there I would use it. Levels are 4-6 or so.

Thanks
Dave
Drone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Drone »

The Dragonfiend Pact would be a good one for a small party. Although it's for 2nd level characters, it could be adapted for higher-level characters but I'd leave it the way it is for a smaller party. It's short as well so it won't take up more than a session or two.
Of course, as with any adventure, you may have to change things to accomodate their characters. For example, one section has the players cross a chasm on a rope. If the two characters are fighter types, you may want to change that part to a stone bridge.
If you can't beat them, arrange to have them beaten.

Luck is probability taken personally.
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Post by Jengenritz »

Don't forget that all DCCs contain scaling information...ways to tone down or ramp up the threat for groups with fewer/more characters/levels.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

My general rule is to run a module of lower level.

So for you 4 to 6th level group, I'd select one of range 2-4.

But as the above poster mentioned, DCCs do spell out how to scale a module as well.
gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by gmdave »

Thanks for the reply and info

Your Happy DM
Image (Do not attack the Eye)

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”