Saga of the Dragon Cult boxed set

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ATOM
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Saga of the Dragon Cult boxed set

Post by ATOM »

I bought the Saga of the Dragon Cult boxed set last week. What an excellent buy! It takes your dungeon party from first level all the way up
to level 10! It contains the previously released modules, The Lost Vault of
Tsathzar Rho, Temple of the Dragon Cult, The Sunless Garden and Legacy of the Savage Kings.(if you did not already know) Also included is
a new 32 page Aereth Campaign book which ties all the modules together
rather nicely. I would heartily recommend this box set to anyone who has not yet aquired all the above modules...and a snip at $20! :wink:
ATOM's CLASSIC D&D Art.
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Saga of the Dragon Cult boxed set

Post by Ogrepuppy »

ATOM wrote:Also included is
a new 32 page Aereth Campaign book which ties all the modules together
rather nicely.
Agreed. And for those of us who already own the modules but want the framing adventure/campaign book, there is a PDF available for "cheeeep". :)

(Pretty sure RPGNow has it, as well as the usual suspects.)
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

here, here! saga is awesome. in an age when every other wizards product is a hardcover, i'm so thankful for the revival of the box set!
Member of Fathead's Favorite Posters Team
ATOM
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ATOM »

Too true Warduke! The boxed set really shines! Reminds me of old first edition
products. New Artwork cover, all in all a really slick neat package. Goodman Games really take pride in their products and it shows. :wink:
ATOM's CLASSIC D&D Art.
ATOM's WEB Site

3-headed Blog
I Rolled Cheesemaker
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by I Rolled Cheesemaker »

Before I purchase the box, can someone help a new member out and tell me how compatible this is with the DCC RPG? At first glance it seems like more of a 3.5 product. Really looking more for something in the "Appendix N" mold.
"Magic comes from gods and demons who are capricious and unconcered with your character's flyspeck of a life." DCC RPG pg. 104
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I Rolled Cheesemaker wrote:Before I purchase the box, can someone help a new member out and tell me how compatible this is with the DCC RPG? At first glance it seems like more of a 3.5 product. Really looking more for something in the "Appendix N" mold.
The Dragon Cult could be very N'd up, without much work -- a mutant band of dragon worshipers? C'mon, that's N-ish, isn't it?

But yes, the mods themselves were written for 3rd Edition (but as implied by the line name, with an older style feel). Which means they are close to being compatible with DCC RPG in terms of mechanics. There are plenty of discussions and comments on these boards about using things with DCC RPG, so I won't go into it now, but it can be done on the fly if you're passing familiar with both rulesets. And as with any published module, top-of-their-game as they may be, they are even better when you put your own spin on them -- which is were you can App N-ify them to your own tastes...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
I Rolled Cheesemaker
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by I Rolled Cheesemaker »

GnomeBoy wrote:a mutant band of dragon worshipers? C'mon, that's N-ish, isn't it?

But yes, the mods themselves were written for 3rd Edition (but as implied by the line name, with an older style feel). Which means they are close to being compatible with DCC RPG in terms of mechanics. There are plenty of discussions and comments on these boards about using things with DCC RPG, so I won't go into it now, but it can be done on the fly if you're passing familiar with both rulesets. And as with any published module, top-of-their-game as they may be, they are even better when you put your own spin on them -- which is were you can App N-ify them to your own tastes...
Well yeah, that IS a selling point! Thanks for pointing that out, and for the rest of the overview as well! I'm sold!
"Magic comes from gods and demons who are capricious and unconcered with your character's flyspeck of a life." DCC RPG pg. 104

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”