Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Tue Aug 30, 2016 7:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2008 2:05 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

I bought the Saga of the Dragon Cult boxed set last week. What an excellent buy! It takes your dungeon party from first level all the way up
to level 10! It contains the previously released modules, The Lost Vault of
Tsathzar Rho, Temple of the Dragon Cult, The Sunless Garden and Legacy of the Savage Kings.(if you did not already know) Also included is
a new 32 page Aereth Campaign book which ties all the modules together
rather nicely. I would heartily recommend this box set to anyone who has not yet aquired all the above modules...and a snip at $20! :wink:

3-headed Blog

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 5:28 pm 
Tight-Lipped Warlock

ATOM wrote:
Also included is
a new 32 page Aereth Campaign book which ties all the modules together
rather nicely.

Agreed. And for those of us who already own the modules but want the framing adventure/campaign book, there is a PDF available for "cheeeep". :)

(Pretty sure RPGNow has it, as well as the usual suspects.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 8:44 pm 
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

here, here! saga is awesome. in an age when every other wizards product is a hardcover, i'm so thankful for the revival of the box set!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 11:29 am 
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Too true Warduke! The boxed set really shines! Reminds me of old first edition
products. New Artwork cover, all in all a really slick neat package. Goodman Games really take pride in their products and it shows. :wink:

3-headed Blog

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:37 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

Before I purchase the box, can someone help a new member out and tell me how compatible this is with the DCC RPG? At first glance it seems like more of a 3.5 product. Really looking more for something in the "Appendix N" mold.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:54 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

FLGS: Bizarro World
I Rolled Cheesemaker wrote:
Before I purchase the box, can someone help a new member out and tell me how compatible this is with the DCC RPG? At first glance it seems like more of a 3.5 product. Really looking more for something in the "Appendix N" mold.

The Dragon Cult could be very N'd up, without much work -- a mutant band of dragon worshipers? C'mon, that's N-ish, isn't it?

But yes, the mods themselves were written for 3rd Edition (but as implied by the line name, with an older style feel). Which means they are close to being compatible with DCC RPG in terms of mechanics. There are plenty of discussions and comments on these boards about using things with DCC RPG, so I won't go into it now, but it can be done on the fly if you're passing familiar with both rulesets. And as with any published module, top-of-their-game as they may be, they are even better when you put your own spin on them -- which is were you can App N-ify them to your own tastes...

Gnome Boy (a.k.a. "Jon") • DCC play-tester @ DDC 35, Feb 2011. • Beta DL 2111, 7:00 AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since 1977 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be DCC Monsters

VOORAK, L, Hunter, S10, A12, Sm10, P6, I13, L13, AC 10, HP 3, Spear +0 1d8, Init 0; R 0, F 0, W -1, Holy water, Pelt, 3 iron spikes, 50' rope, 3d ration, 4-leaf clover (Find secret doors) (+1), Com +1

SARKLA, C, Gatherer, S9, A14, Sm14, P15, I14, L8, AC 11, HP 4, Knife +0 1d4, Init 1, R 1, F 1, W 1, Chest, Basket of veggies, 2d ration, lg sack, 1lb herbs, waterskin, torch, Seventh son (Spell checks), Com +1

TARR, C, Hunter, S14, A11, Sm15, P13, I7, L7, AC 10, HP 3, Spear +1 1d8+1, Init 0, R 0, F 1, W 1, Holy water, Pelt, 4 torch, flint/steel, 1d ration, sm sack, 10' chain, torch, Fox's cunning (traps), Com

TELVA, RIP

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:25 am 
Ill-Fated Peasant

GnomeBoy wrote:
a mutant band of dragon worshipers? C'mon, that's N-ish, isn't it?

But yes, the mods themselves were written for 3rd Edition (but as implied by the line name, with an older style feel). Which means they are close to being compatible with DCC RPG in terms of mechanics. There are plenty of discussions and comments on these boards about using things with DCC RPG, so I won't go into it now, but it can be done on the fly if you're passing familiar with both rulesets. And as with any published module, top-of-their-game as they may be, they are even better when you put your own spin on them -- which is were you can App N-ify them to your own tastes...

Well yeah, that IS a selling point! Thanks for pointing that out, and for the rest of the overview as well! I'm sold!