DCC Campaign Ideas (aka Adventure Paths)

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

DCC Campaign Ideas (aka Adventure Paths)

Post by GnomeBoy »

I've had a couple ideas for linking DCCs together into campiagns, and while I'm no where near running them (the group meets, theoretically, every two weeks), I thought I'd share them, in case someone finds them useful, interesting, or handy for passing an idle moment here in the forums.

The Blue Lady Campaign
The modules are linked by the fact that there is a plague moving into the region/plane of the PCs. The plague is personified in the form of the Blue Lady, who is seen in glimpses before the deadly condition strikes an area. If the Blue Lady can unite in symbolic marriage with a powerful undead entity, the plague itself would become 'undead' and be essentially incurable and even more virulent. This leads the PCs to discover and destroy powerful undead entities in the land, to prevent the increased power of the Blue Lady, against the backdrop of general fear, hysteria and valiant attempts to halt the spread of the plague, as they work their way through the following:
The Dread Crypt of Srihoz
Bloody Jack's Gold
The Blackguards Revenge
The Iron Crypt of the Heretics
Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen
The Crypt of the Devil Lich

(The Blue Lady has me considering those module off-limits for one-off needs until it's clear I'll never get to run them as this campaign....)

A Strong Beginning
No particular theme here, though conceivably it could form the first part of a campaign that continued with the Blue Lady campaign above.
Into the Wilds (no need for a special introduction here)
(but what's that blue glow we can see in the distance from the Spires?)
The Mysterious Tower
The Sunken Ziggurat
(based on info found in the Mysterious Tower itself, and finishing with)
The Vault of the Iron Overlord
(I have no idea how to tie that in, it just seems like a great further change of pace)
You could even put Heroes Are Made at the front of it all, quite well.

Anyway, I think they're neat ideas, even if I did come up with them myself. :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”