Saga of the Dragon Cult - 3 out of 4?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Saga of the Dragon Cult - 3 out of 4?

Post by GnomeBoy »

Can anyone who's run or read (or written, for that matter) the Saga of the Dragon Cult say whether it would be feasible to run it without DCC 10 (Sunless Garden)?

I like the idea of linking these four, however, I also have a rough plan to link DCC 10 to DCC 4, where the smugglers have in their possession the map leading to Jack's treasure....

So, if I used 10 in that way, would the Saga be lacking and the gap difficult to mend?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Gnome,

It shouldn't be too tough --- you'd just need to find a time and place to have the dragon brought back to place.

This could even take place in last bit of Legacy, during the throne room scene.

The only hang up might be character levels. You'd want to make sure the PCs were up to speed in time for the last adventure.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

I probably should have pointed out that I own the mods, but not the linking book... :oops:

But it sounds like it could be done, with perhaps a home brew to bring some leveling up to the party at the appropriate point (or maybe a TSR redux?). Are you saying the Cult dragon comes back later in Legacy? Two dragons in one mod? Awesomeness! :twisted:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

The black dragon gets wacked in Legacy, then a red dragon is brought to life later on. The end of the story arc is the PCs going toe-to-toe w/ the Pyraxus in Cult.

Edit: Since you're just looking for the linking stories and maps, there is the pdf available from the usual distributors.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Harley Stroh wrote:The black dragon gets wacked in Legacy, then a red dragon is brought to life later on. The end of the story arc is the PCs going toe-to-toe w/ the Pyraxus in Cult.
It has been awhile since I've read these, so I guess I'm getting the levels/order mixed up in memory... was thinking Legacy would come after Cult....

And I forgot to say: Thanks!

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Harley Stroh wrote: Edit: Since you're just looking for the linking stories and maps, there is the pdf available from the usual distributors.

//H
Harley, will this "linking story" be available to purchase in a print format apart from the boxed set?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Jedi,

At present, no plans for a print version. All players can hope for is a pallet of the boxes to get crushed in shipping, forcing Joseph to sell the contents sans box. ;)

//H

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”