Another DCC#17 question - spoiler

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Another DCC#17 question - spoiler

Post by AstroCat »

The group set off the bridge trap headed towards the fort. Pretty funny actually as the 1/2 elf ranger went running from the fear spell, pounding on the fort gate screaming to let her in, so they dumped oil on her... hehe... Eventually she came to her senses as she ran around the side of the fort as her companions tried to hold off the horde of gnolls and kobolds firing at them from the walls. Good times. :)

So, now that the group retreated in to the swamp, right in to the statue that attacked them, also pretty funny, what kind of party do you think Kyleth would send in to the swamp to hunt them down? I thought perhaps she might not even pursue them but that didn't seem any fun.

I am thinking 10-20 kobolds and 5 or so gnolls leading them. Maybe with Torgo or Graah coming along. I don't want to make it too easy on the party though by letting them take down a good junk of the fort guard out in the swamp.

Any ideas? :)

Thanks!
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

When I ran this module I played the villians at the Forge in a defensive mode. With a evil dragon and lizardmen moving about outside the walls, they kept a low profile.

I'd send out a few kobold patrols as outlined in the wandering monster chart to keep an eye out for the intruders but no more.
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Yeah, my first instinct was that the fort would basically be happy they ran off the intruders and been done with it.

But, there was a really cool action scene tension going in the game as they "escaped" in to the statue area, so as the party fought off the statue I had them see some figures in the mist coming towards them... cliffhanger ending till next session. :)

I agree, I'll keep it a smaller party without either of the 2 bosses. Maybe some kobolds and a gnoll leading them to make sure there aren't any more of them lurking about.

Thanks! :)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Another DCC#17 question - spoiler

Post by Harley Stroh »

AstroCat wrote:The group set off the bridge trap headed towards the fort. Pretty funny actually as the 1/2 elf ranger went running from the fear spell, pounding on the fort gate screaming to let her in, so they dumped oil on her... hehe... Eventually she came to her senses as she ran around the side of the fort as her companions tried to hold off the horde of gnolls and kobolds firing at them from the walls. Good times. :)
Oh ... that just hurts. Great scene. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”