Goodman Games

Fan Forums
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 7:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: DCC#50 Vault of the Iron Overlord
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2012 2:37 pm 
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Hey All;

I am just about finished with your DCC#50 Vault of the Iron Overlord and I have to say, without a shadow of a doubt, it is the single greatest adventure you guys have ever published. Honestly, lots of hack and slash for the fighters, traps for the Rogues and Puzzles aplenty for the more mentally inclined.

The Overlord is challenging and VERY unique not to mention the story EXCELLENT!

I incorporated it into my weekly campaign and although the treasure is low, there is not a single gripe from my players about it. They have just completed the vault this week, and because I made the adventure part of a greater campaign, now they are lost trying to figure out just who to give the sceptre to... At this point there is hardly anyone they trust, especially the King's regent ruling in the interim until the new King can be found. I have NEVER seen my players almost shell shocked upon leaving a dungeon until now...you could SEE the collective sigh or relief when they stepped foot back up to the surface again. Alas, their poor rogue now lies bound hand and foot after he failed to find the trap on the Case housing the Sceptre and went permanently insane... Even tried to knife the fighter but it all came to naught.. awwww....

In my campaign I made the Overlord's Assassin construct keyed to the sceptre. And now that it has surfaced from the vault, he's bee-lining to the heroes to get it back. This is all the MORE awesome because one of the heroes has just left the group to enter the city to call upon a trusted NPC who they hope will give them some guidance...

Imagine their surprise when the construct approaches disguised as the absent hero to reclaim what is his...

So Yea, Absolutely 10/10 for this module. If anyone reading this needs more of an endorsement, consider it given.

My only sadness is that there will NEVER be a better module than this one...

Thanks All
Doc

Post subject: Re: DCC#50 Vault of the Iron Overlord
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 10:56 am 
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Glad to hear you liked it so much. I guess we have a bar to exceed now. :) Personally I always loved the rotating map - such a clever idea and the way it worked on the inside cover was awesome. I want to try something like that again sometime.

Post subject: Re: DCC#50 Vault of the Iron Overlord
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:48 am 

Any competent rogue will simply use the Open Lock skill to unlock the 3 locks on the pedestal, potentially bypassing the entire module. Or Lady Aborn would have simply cast Knock and retrieved the prizes herself, making the module irrelevant. Solutions: