DCC World map as 1 file

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

DCC World map as 1 file

Post by AstroCat »

Is there anyway we can get the world and/or players map as 1 single file?

Thanks!
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

I already asked. He is working on it. He says it will be a several hundred megabyte file if it gets done.

He is also looking into the feasibility of making and selling full size maps via their website.

If he is able to do that and price it for about $30.00 I'll buy them. If not Id' rather have the file, print it at Kinko's, and then laminate it myself.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Actually I broke down and did it myself. I imported all the pieces in to Photoshop and lined them up. After I flattened the image is was around 250meg.

Now I'm going to print it in 11x17 sections as needed.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

If that is a cohesive single file you may want to e-mail Joe and let him know you've already done the work. If your able to export it as .jpg He may be willing to give you some SWAG.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
francisca
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by francisca »

I extracted the images out, but I'm having trouble lining them up, as some of the would-be adjacent images aren't of equal dimensions where they should be. (and I'm not talking about the far right hand pieces.)
kenwig
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by kenwig »

My request would be to have the maps available without the labels or legend. I've seen some PDF's that make printing labels optional. I have no idea how to it, but it would be handy!

Thanks,
ken
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

They line up fine and I did it with the original .pdf files in photoshop so it's the real thing. I'd be more than happy to share my work. :) I'll send off an email.
Save Vs. Death Ray
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Save Vs. Death Ray »

Dudes, this is cool, and I want a spare map as badly as the next, but imagine if I downloaded a pdf DCC from RPGnow and then offered copies to people.

RPGnow would have a legal fit, and Goodman Games ought to, too. (At the very least we are endangering their relationship with RPGnow. Those guys FREAK out over links. Imagine what they'd do with this conversation.)

I know Astrocat is trying to help folks out, but we shouldn't be having this conversation on the Goodman Games board. Let's go over to the Wizards boards and let Hasbro's lawyers deal with it. :)

-Save Vs. Cease and Desist Order
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

Oh, I haven't done anything at this point. I emailed Goodman games and let them know I did it and asked them if they wanted it. Other than that, it's only 100% been for my personal use.
I bought both the .pdf and boxed set, and even thought the boxed maps are awesome too look at I find them a little unwieldy. So, I printed some 11x17's of the areas I wanted to work with.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”