Travel Time?

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

gmdave
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Travel Time?

Post by gmdave »

What are some of the travel distances between major cities. If I knew this I could do the rest.

I know that Archbridge is 3 weeks from Silverton, and Soulbridge is 2 weeks from silverton. How far is Kassantia from Silverton, or Archbridge ( if you need a larger city as a starting point)?

Sorry for all the questions, but this seems like the best place for quick and accurate info.

Thanks for all the help :D
Dave
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Sorry, nothing to add. I read the post title as "Time Travel" not "Travel Time." :oops:

An adventure with time travel, especially one where the DM is running a campaign would be cool. Adventures at 3rd level meet themselves from the future, say 8th level. When they get to 8th level, the players would not be ready for their characters bumping into themselves of the past.

I did something like that with a letter from Ragnar1965's gnome wizard. Sending back in time a warning about what to watch out for because they didn't the first time!

Wow, sorry for the thread derailment.

And now for someone who can answer gmdave's question. Please just move along. Nothing to see in this rambling post.
Last edited by JediOre on Wed Nov 08, 2006 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

JediOre wrote:Sorry, nothing to add. I read the post title as "Time Travel" not "Travel Time." :oops:

And adventure with time travel, especially one where the DM is running a campaign would be cool. Adventures at 3rd level meet themselves from the future, say 8th level. When they get to 8th level, the players would not be ready for their characters bumping into themselves of the past.

I did something like that with a letter from Ragnar1965's gnome wizard. Sending back in time a warning about what to watch out for because they didn't the first time!

Wow, sorry for the thread derailment.

And now for someone who can answer gmdave's question. Please just move along. Nothing to see in this rambling post.
What's sad is that 1) I wanted to read the same thing ("time travel") even though I knew better, just as you did, and 2) I'd really love to see that adventure written too. Well-written time travel adventures are just damn cool. Like, wet-my-pants-and-think-I'm-gonna-be-sick-with-glee kinda cool.

Sorry--threadjack over. (Or is it?) :twisted:
Napftor
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Napftor »

I was also fooled by the thread title. BUT, while we're on the subject, maybe I'll just drop a quick plug for Temporality my time travel book? :D
Bret Boyd
Freelance Writer
------------------------
Tricky Owlbear Publishing
Freelancer's Rest (my blog)
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Travel Time?

Post by jason.richardson »

gmdave wrote:What are some of the travel distances between major cities. If I knew this I could do the rest.

I know that Archbridge is 3 weeks from Silverton, and Soulbridge is 2 weeks from silverton. How far is Kassantia from Silverton, or Archbridge ( if you need a larger city as a starting point)?

Sorry for all the questions, but this seems like the best place for quick and accurate info.

Thanks for all the help :D
Dave
If you have the box-set (and thus the maps) just measure the distance between any two locations with a ruler.

1" = ~143 miles.

hope this helps.

-jason

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”