Idylls and Guide to Wererats in my campaign

A forum for discussing the many DCC modules published under third edition rules, EXCEPT for Castle Whiterock, which has its own forum.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Andrew Hind

Idylls and Guide to Wererats in my campaign

Post by Andrew Hind »

The repercussions of my gaming group's involvement in Idylls of the Rat King continues.

First, some background. I made Lawrence a Graykin as detailed in the Complete Guide to Wererats. He escaped in Idlylls, but its been several months game time now and the PCs think he's simply slunk into the shadows of the gaming world never to return.

The PCs manor is hurting under the king's restrictions on the export of wool overseas. It was their primary commodity, and the commoners are hurting bad. As a result, the community is wracjed by internal divisions and besieged by deadly forces from outside. The issue of allowing smugglers to operate in the town as a means of alleviating financial woes has serious adherants on both sides. But a nebulous pro-smuggling faction is resorting to pressure tactics---including murder---to get their way.

The wererat conspiracy are behind the pro-smuggling faction, which includes members close to the manor's court. And through it all Lawrence, in charge of the operation, can't help but make attempts at the lives of his erstwhile enemies.

The adventure introduced the PCs to the nefarious nature of wererats and the issue as to whether they, as lords of the estate, should turn a blind eye to smuggling tore them apart as much as the community.

Idylls and Complete Guide to Wererats are literally shaping my campaign. Great job!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Wow, that's pretty cool! Sounds like a lot of intrigue. Let us know if the PCs ever figure out the conspiracy... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Scales
Gongfarmer

Re: Idylls and Guide to Wererats in my campaign

Post by Scales »

Andrew Hind wrote: I made Lawrence a Graykin as detailed in the Complete Guide to Wererats.
I am honored, I guess...

-Lawrence L. Graykin, Teacher at Barrington (NH) Middle School
www.barrington.k12.nh.us
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Wow... what are the odds??
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

How far will the government (public) schools sink? Standards for teachers are reaching the bottle of the barrel when a documented wererat is allowed to teach young children!
GenghisWayne
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by GenghisWayne »

JediOre wrote:How far will the government (public) schools sink? Standards for teachers are reaching the bottle of the barrel when a documented wererat is allowed to teach young children!
:lol:

Cool idea. I'm thinking Narzy will get away in my campaign....we'll see. Thanks for sharing the ideas.

Return to “DCC Modules - 3E”