Really cool Idea: Dragonmech & Pathfinder

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Really cool Idea: Dragonmech & Pathfinder

Post by Raptor »

I think it would be a really cool idea if you could get Paizo Publishing to consider using the Dragonmech setting as the setting for one of their Pathfinder Campaigns. I know it would certainly require some paperwork on both sides, but you would get a lot of additional materials for the setting for minimal development cost and probably increased publicity of the setting, and they would get access to a setting with most of the background already completed and the pre-existing fan base. If you simply offered them use of the copyrighted materials for a minimal cost, I'm sure they would go for it.
Sellix
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sellix »

I wonder why no one has commented on this yet.

I think it's a good idea, but I'm not too certain. There are certain business protocols which you might be ignoring...
"What? What's wrong with shaving with a power tool?" -Sellix as he's applying a circular sanding saw to his beard.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: Really cool Idea: Dragonmech & Pathfinder

Post by mythfish »

Now that I've actually played Pathfinder, I'm all on board for this. :)
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
dulsi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by dulsi »

If they were just updating the current material to Pathfinder, I'm not that interested. What I'd really like to see is DragonMech Battles. New material for Pathfinder or 3.5 would be interesting. I wouldn't mind a 4E D&D version.
Dennis Payne
Identical Games
halfawannabe
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by halfawannabe »

Awesome, I have never had the chance to play dragonmech and now that the whole group is into pathfinder, I'd love to get it.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Have you played Fantasy Craft yet? I'm going to play around with a DragonMech/Fantasy Craft conversion in my non-existent free time soon.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Oaksoul Elite
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Oaksoul Elite »

Oh, I definitely agree. I'd like to see more DragonMech material come out. If that means Pathfinder, I'll support it.
I am Omnirahk, half-Rahkshi ("Omni") of the WotC forums. I consider "Psionics in DragonMech" (see my website) my greatest contribution to anything d20 so far. At least, it's my most successful topic.

Return to “DragonMech”