Desinty of Steam and Steel - Looking for more players

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Desinty of Steam and Steel - Looking for more players

Post by Charke »

Destiny of Steam and Steel
Online Game

(See second post for new player recuitment).

I will be running the DragonMech online game here on the forums; Destiny of Steam and Steel. You are all invited to come watch the game but please do not post unless you are a player. I am opening up this thread so there is somewhere to post outside of the game.

If you want to join the game, give me a yell. I'm always looking for keeners- they keep the game alive! Six people have expressed interest but only one has confirmed his spot by posting a character. I'm impatiently waiting on the five and I would consider taking more than 6 players.

DSS has no plans to become a module or anything (someone asked). I take running games serriously though. It's a chance to play around in the DragonMech setting and a chance to inflict my artwork on the unsuspecting.

Rules for playing have been discussed in the "how to play" thread over on the DSS section. Feel free to ask questions on that thread even if you are not playing.

Mark Charke
Last edited by Charke on Fri Jul 22, 2005 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Destiny of Steam and Steel
Looking for Players

I am looking for more players for the Destiny of Steam and Steel online game here on the Goodman Games forums (just back up to the main directory and you'll see it). The game is a month old and several players have not posted yet so I am going to fill their spots.

I am looking for two or three additional players. Please give me a PM or email me if you are intrested in playing - or better yet - just post a character! All the rules for character creation are listed in the DSS Online Game area. If you have any questions, again PM or Email me.

Mark Charke
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

Still looking?
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Yes, I'm still looking. We've got about 4 people posting on a regular basis so I'm looking for 2 more.

If you want to play, write up a 5th level character and post it in the DSS forum and I'll introduce your character.

Mark Charke
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

Cool. Where are the rules for stat generation? In the DSS forum someplace? I'll try to find them. I'll probably get my character made up and posted tomorrow some time. I'm thinking of a human or half elf sorceror, would that be okay?
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

Just for your consideration, the current party composition is two 5th lvl coglayers, one 5th lvl illusionist, one 5th lvl mech jockey, and one 3rd lvl pyschic warrior/2nd lvl coglayer.
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

I've got him drawn up, a human sorceror from a surface village within the Stenian Confederacy who's spells are chosen for the main purpose of supporting infantry aboard (and boarding) mechs. I imagine that few mech jockeys want to see a couple fighters on the ground accompanied by a sorceror that can cast spider climb and knock, and those are quite useful in other situations too...

I just need to come up with a name and type up the stats into the appropriate thread, which should be accomplished sometime tonight.
Flushmaster
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Flushmaster »

The character description and stats for Zulvar Hedik, human sorceror, has been posted. I included a background description which I think defines the character fairly well and still leaves enough recdent history up to the DM (Charke) to determine how exactly he gets into the campaign. I'm open to discussion of any "discrepancies" between the story and how the character fits in; just let me know of any problems and I'll be more than willing to adjust the character history as necessary.
gospog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Is there still that 6th slot?

Post by gospog »

Hey, still looking for another player?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

-Tom
"Gazelle carcass!"
Charke
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Charke »

Hey, still looking for another player?

Please let me know.

Thanks.

-Tom
Definetly. Just write up a 5th level character in the DSS area and post it. I'll write you in on the next post. I just got back from Gen-Con (yeeehah!) and I'm going to get a post out shortly.

Return to “DragonMech”