Whew! Finished shardsfall quest...

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Whew! Finished shardsfall quest...

Post by cssmythe3 »

After a long and bloody duel with the clan mechjockeys, the PCs actually _won_. Their gunner got a crit and rolled 99! One of the PC's died, and the party coglayer built her a coffin from the wreckage of the iron tooth mech.

The party arrived at the joust just after the Vessel of Dotrak from Jaguar had left, and I had a clockwork puppet he had created still scooting around (a squirrel with drag racer wheels instead of hind legs).

As the coglayer put the last rivet into the coffin, the squirrel scooted up alongside him and chirped:

"Ashes to ashes, rust to rust."
-Chuck Smith
Sword Guy
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Sword Guy »

*blink, blink* *burst out laughing* That's great! Mind if I use that in my campaign?

Also, I'm assuming that the 99 lead to a Main Boiler Explosion? That must've mighily impressed the Irontooth Clansmen!
DragonMech DM soon, with any luck.

Owner of all DragonMech books, Etherscope core book, and DCC 12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics.
cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by cssmythe3 »

Boiler went boom.

OF COURSE you can use the line!

Anyone else have any good 'Dotrakisms?' I was trying to come up with good steampunk medeival rewordings of the laws of thermodynamics or newton's laws - no luck though. I used up all of my inner poet on the one line.
-Chuck Smith
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

I love it! That IS a great line. And what a great ending to the module!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”