Mech Floor-plans

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Mech Floor-plans

Post by Reese »

well, i did this up to get a rough idea in a DM campaign i'm in... spent about 10 minutes in paint, i guess (after about 5 minutes setting up the grid, which i have seperate to be re-usable :twisted: )

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/D ... terior.gif

i was wondering if it's more or less what you had in mind for the magwagon, since that's about what i can get with the 4' cube per PU and the 15x15 space you ahve set for a mech... there's two PU unaccounted for in that picture, the ladder from the cockpit leads down to the engine room where 2 engineers would be tending the furnace and stuff

it's more or less based form the base stats of the magwagon and the picture of it that's in the back of the book
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

re-worked it a little to more closely reflect the mech's exernal appearance

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v33/D ... erior2.gif

did you know, 2 PU is slightly larger than a 5' cube? i figured a low, 5' cieling (average) in the cockpit area, and a more conventional 7-8' cieling in the cargo area

it's difficult to make a tall cargo transport, though; a quadrapedal form would be much more efficient, since it would allow for more horizontal space per deck, and deck space is what's important in a transport
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}

Post by Guest »

I use the 3.5 sizes in my campaign, so the magwagon is actually twice that big where I come from. But that's very nice and I can easily adapt it.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

And that was me forgetting to log in.
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

well, i use the mech manual sizes for determining my outer limits in a structural sense, and the standard 3.5 sizes i use for determining mech space, since the mech doesn't fill it's square any more than a human fills the 5' square that a medium sized creature occupies

it actually maps to the PU available rather nicely that way, since 2PU is roughly a 5' cube, as i mentioned

you can stretch it somewhat, too

if you figure that a human could fight as effectively in a 4' x 4' square as a 5' by 5' square, you can make a space that's 4' by 4' by 8' (a PU is defined as 1000 pounds or roughly 4' cubed, in the core book)

that's a little cramped compared to normal dungeoneering standards, but quite servicable for granting room to fight in, if you want to have fights in the cargo areas of your mech ;)
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

I just noticed that the drawing of a mech interior in the back of the Mech Manual looks an awful lot like a magwgon. If only I'd noticed that ages ago!
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

nah, that's a cutaway of the Warsmith, collosal IV stenian mech on page 14, same pose, same visible armor, same general shape (and the smaller exterior picture is exactly teh same, though smaller)
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

So it is.
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

most mechs must be more fuggin' cramped than a WWII diesel sub, i tell ya
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Reese wrote: (a PU is defined as 1000 pounds or roughly 4' cubed, in the core book)
Yet the magwagon description says 8 PU for storage/passengers and 16,000 pounds?
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

heavy load doubles a PU's capacity for cargo purposes only ^_^
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}

Return to “DragonMech”