Anyone elses having problems with GP cost and construction?

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Rhubardin
Gongfarmer

Anyone elses having problems with GP cost and construction?

Post by Rhubardin »

I started off preparing for a dragonmech campaign by familiarizing myself with all the rules but one thing keeps buggin' me. None of the prices I get for base cost or final cost form the books seem to add up.

For example the chimera from the Mech manual seem to be short by at least 1k GP in base cost alone. Now it may be the lack of sleep or my faulty reading but have I simply run into one of those editing mistakes smaller companies get or am I doing something wrong?

In other words can someone walk me through building the chimera or the barbagula(mech manual and core book respectively) so I can see where I'm missing out on the right numbers?
Lo and Behold mortals, for the lord of doom, destruction, AND blueberry pancakes has arrived!
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

Just to double-check, did you take into account any stat modifications like altered Strength? Did you look at any unusual weapon costs or options like extra PU? You may well have looked at that stuff already, but that could be where the inconsistencies lie.
Rhubardin
Gongfarmer

Post by Rhubardin »

Oops I forgot to check for altered strength. I did check for everything else first though at least I think I did. Though to be honest it's been so long since I posted this I've forgotten what I checked :)

Guess it's time to dig out my books from under my Exalted stuff and get back to work
Lo and Behold mortals, for the lord of doom, destruction, AND blueberry pancakes has arrived!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

There's a mech stats calculator on our Free Materials page that can be used to achieve some of the calculations. Check it out at http://www.goodman-games.com/freematerial.php . If you're still not getting the right numbers when using that, let me know and I can go through them step by step here...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”