Inevitable crossover idea

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Warmonger
Ill-Fated Peasant

Inevitable crossover idea

Post by Warmonger »

As friends of mine know, I am obsessed with the movie Alien, and all that it has spawned. So naturally, that has bled over into DragonMech.

Now hold on, I can hear you now. How exactly can there be any connection between these two properties? Where in DragonMech is there a place for an utterly otherworldly, acid-blooded killing machine that is most at home in tight, cramped spaces? I know exactly where there is a place for them, and this place is called a City-Mech. Just think of it, a previously unknown lunar creature, or a variation on an existing creature (magically augmented nanites, anyone?), sneaks its way into the gear forest of a City-Mech, breeds at an astonishing rate, and eventually causes a noticable enough problem for the PC's to be sent in to investigate. Upon arrival, the party discovers the remains of a cogling community with signs of combat, and follow a trail of destruction to the central nest, with much suspense and ambushing along the way (humungoid queen and cocooned coglings as optional extras).

Heck, with the right steam powers, you could even make a smartgun (boiler-augmented steam gun with automator(reload)-targeter-discriminator). That, a flame nozzle, and a scanner steam power set to lunar creatures, and all that's left is for someone to shout 'Game over man! Game over!'

Obsession isn't always a good thing. :)
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

Huh. That sounds like a lot of fun.

If you don't already have the old Aliens RPG, I highly recommend it. The casualty rate is very close to that of the movies. :twisted:
spyderalien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by spyderalien »

Thats a great idea. Especially because I'm an alien fan too. I was going to say but what about the alien, what would its specs be, but then i remembered A). There are hundreds of monsters in the monster manuals 1-3 and the fiend folio, and B). The d20 future talks about making alien creatures of all kinds. Also, what alien RPG? Where would I find info on it?
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

spyderalien wrote:Also, what alien RPG? Where would I find info on it?
It's been out of print for years so finding it used is probably your only option. It was published in 1991 by Leading Edge Games.
spyderalien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by spyderalien »

Is it just alien or something? Or does it have a special name?
spyderalien
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by spyderalien »

Nevermind, theres a few copies on amazon, and I bet I could find them elsewhere if they all got sold.

Return to “DragonMech”