Errata?

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Errata?

Post by Raptor »

Is there a location for Dragonmech Errata on the Site? I'm pretty sure Colossal frost launchers shouldn't be 1 PU..... Also I was wondering about the alignments of the elven deities listed in the 2nd Age of Walkers.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

bump.
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

I'm pretty sure Colossal frost launchers shouldn't be 1 PU either. However, 16 PU makes sense. I'm embarrassed to admit this, as lead DragonMech developer, but I don't remember which book the frost launchers come from. Where did you find them?

And if you want elven deity alignments, you get elven deity alignments:
Cynavar Sworddaughter: CG
Taanic Landstrider: CN
Oalina Bookbinder: LN
Kishanio Childfriend: NG
Thulim Firebringer: CN
Myalo Gardenguide: N

As a special bonus, here are alignments for the deities mentioned in the Legion entry of 2nd Age of Walkers too:
Sathada, Lord of the Grassland: LN
Mishkar the Angry Cloud: CN
Hrwoul the Beast: N
Peshana the Lady of Rivers: CN
Filatii the Maker: N
DragonMech line developer, freelance writer, tall guy named Matt.
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

I'm pretty sure Colossal frost launchers shouldn't be 1 PU either. However, 16 PU makes sense. I'm embarrassed to admit this, as lead DragonMech developer, but I don't remember which book the frost launchers come from. Where did you find them?
Steam Warriors.
animefunkmaster
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by animefunkmaster »

Also, I have had a question.

Meat racks and Smoking undead:
This is not a template, correct? One medium size body makes a smoking undead and large makes a meat rack (assuming the proper steam powers were used by a necroborg). Is there any abilities of the base body that carries over into the new form? When these type of undead are destroyed, can one salvage the steam power used to create them? Is there any way to advance there abilities?
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

animefunkmaster wrote: Meat racks and Smoking undead:
This is not a template, correct? One medium size body makes a smoking undead and large makes a meat rack (assuming the proper steam powers were used by a necroborg). Is there any abilities of the base body that carries over into the new form? When these type of undead are destroyed, can one salvage the steam power used to create them? Is there any way to advance there abilities?
Correct, they are not templates. None of the abilities of the base body carry over to the new form...the base body is simply raw materials used to create an entirely new monster. The raw materials probably don't even all have to come from the same creature. I would say the steam power could be salvaged in theory, but in reality depends on how the monster was killed and the generosity of the GM. :)

As far as advancement goes, I'll have to think about that when I have my book handy to look at.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Raptor
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Raptor »

I was looking at the Jaguar Harrier mech in 2nd Age of Walkers and I believe I found an error. It is listed as a steam powered mech, which requires a 25% crew. But it is listed as only having 1 crew, even though it is a gargantuan mech.
shai-hulud
Gongfarmer

Re: Errata?

Post by shai-hulud »

I was just looking at the Ironclad spell in the base Dragonmech book. It is a 5th level Crg spell. Clockwork rangers (and rangers in general) need the epic feat Epic Spell Capacity before they are capable of casting 5th level spells. Should that have been a Crg 3?
shai-hulud
Gongfarmer

Re: Errata?

Post by shai-hulud »

Additionally, several of the spells list M as one of the components, yet describe no material component required. Many require a focus, but don't list F as a required component. Should I assume that M may be occasionally mistaken for the required Focus, and there may not actually be a material component required?

Return to “DragonMech”