First Age of Walkers

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Shinigami
Gongfarmer

First Age of Walkers

Post by Shinigami »

I found the Dragonmech books and have really enjoyed reading them. I actually plan to run my first game as GM using them becouse i enjoyed the setting so much. However i noticed there is vary little information on the First Age of Walkers other then some mention in things like the Crystal Circuit Brains. So my first question is to the makers of the game asking: Will there be source material talking more about this time period and the things that adventurer's might find from it, or will it be left to the imagination of the GM?
If there wont be any official source material, are there any suggestions for createing such material and is there anyone who would be intrested in helping create such things for use?
Oaksoul Elite
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: First Age of Walkers

Post by Oaksoul Elite »

I can't give an official answer, since I'm just an ordinary gamer and not part of the Goodman Games team, but I'm thinking the answer's probably no. It always felt to me like the First Age of Walkers is a legend, something people talk about, but it can't actually be proven. Some DMs can say the First Age is real, and others can say it isn't. I think that's kind of the point, so having a source book confirm it one way or another kind of defeats the purpose.
I am Omnirahk, half-Rahkshi ("Omni") of the WotC forums. I consider "Psionics in DragonMech" (see my website) my greatest contribution to anything d20 so far. At least, it's my most successful topic.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Re: First Age of Walkers

Post by mythfish »

Even I can't say officially, because I don't know! But I believe Oaksoul is right. I think it was intentionally left up to individual GMs whether or not there even was a real First Age of Walkers, much less what might have happened during it.

I played in an online game for a while where the GM used Warforged (from Eberron) as artifacts from the First Age of Walkers, and it worked pretty well for me.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]

Return to “DragonMech”