Which world(s) do you play in?

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

When you play dragonmech, do you play pure Highpoint, or incorporate mechs into another world?

Highpoint all the way!
56%
Highpoint all the way!
No votes
My own custom world with mechs added.
33%
My own custom world with mechs added.
No votes
Someone else's d20 world with lots of mechs running around.
11%
No votes
No votes

Total votes: 9

cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Which world(s) do you play in?

Post by cssmythe3 »

I'm curious, how many of y'all play with you steam mechs in Highpoint vs somewhere else? Checkout the attached poll, vote early, vote often!

I'm playing purely and highpoint, and I'm sad that the next to supplements (mech manual and steam powers book) might not have too much highpoint specific material. I'd personally LOVE to see books dealing specifically with the various tribes (Gur, Wisp, etc), one book dedicated to the Legion, another book detailing Duren-lok or other non-nedderpick city mechs. Stuff'em full of background, sample settlements, sample NPCs, a small adventure, and a bunch of plot hooks.

Whew!

Better get back to work before the boss notices this is NOT an excel spreadsheet I'm typing furiously into!

Cheers,
-Chuck Smith
Shadetree
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Shadetree »

I'm running Worlds Largest Dungeon. With Steam Powers and no mechs

Also My DM in another game is considering introducing Steampowers without the mechs in his world(Postcataclysmatic...is that a word)
Sword Guy
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Sword Guy »

All of the above. I've just joined a new D&D group, and I plan to quietly sneak in more and more mechanical players until they get used to the steamborg in the party. And I'm running TSQ for a group. And I plan to make even more of my characters get hydraulic armor. And suchlike.

I'd play with the DragonMech rules constantly, if I could get away with it. Now, back to plotting my Infinite Clock Knight for a Greyhawk campaign. . .
DragonMech DM soon, with any luck.

Owner of all DragonMech books, Etherscope core book, and DCC 12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics.
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

I was going to do a homemade world with mechs, but I really love the Dragonmech world, so I'm sticking with Highpoint.
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by Mr. Author »

I've taken some of the ideas and locations from Highpoint and put them in a world where nobles fight "wars" amongst each other for land and power.

They have rules of engagements and other practices, whereupon the place their soldiers in the front line; something like the nobles playing "tabletop wargames" with their peasents while a neutral third party watches and records events.

The PCs are, of course, "wild card" peasants caught in the middle of the whole thing and an invasion from another plane.
(insert witty phrase)
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

I use some of the smaller mechs and borg stuff in my Blackmoor game (though few of my players realize it).

Some of the other tech is pulled from Dragonmech into Blackmoor as well and then I make a few of my own adaptive things (like steam-power dwarven plate armor, clockwork dogs in the City of Maus, and a few psychotic robots that have rebelled against their creators).
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

I oughta point out that, in addition to the Mech Manual and Steam Warriors, the book Second Age Of Walkers will be coming out in the near future. That's the basic world sourcebook for Highpoint, and while it won't answer all your questions (since we can't publish an encyclopedia), it has lots of stuff about:
the Stenian Confederacy, the Legion, the Irontooth Clans, the L'arile Nation, their folkways, their beliefs, their leaders, their mechs, their histories, their tactics... you get the idea. I wrote a couple sections of it, including such info as it has on the Wisps and the Gur, so feel free to post questions here and we'll see what we can do!
MagusRogue
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by MagusRogue »

I run a slightly off DragonMech game. I use Highpoint almost exclusively, but I went with a slightly different approach. I'm including ALOT of eberron into the game itself. Even the past, post-First Age was an Eberron-like world, but slowly magic began fading away, as the Artificers' work was draining mana off like a hyper-siphon. Soon even normal magic began to be hard to work, so Artificing was dropped, as was the over-use of magic in general. Humans began reverting to a period of low-magic, low-tech nomadic or isolationist style. heck, the only ones in my games who truly used magic heavily anymore was elves, and some gnomish communities. Everyone else became distrustful of magic, though why has been lost to the ages, just as much a mystery as the First Age of the Walkers. My campaign is going to be centering around discoveries, of both the First Age of Walkers and what is going to be termed the Age of High Magic. There's going to be some heavy intrigue and dungeon-crawling, along with discoveries, ruins, and all sorts of fun stuff, on top of mechs and fighting lunar dragons. It should be fun.

If anyone wants to watch, check the sticky for the link I posted to my game.
AAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNDDDDDDDDDDD this rant's done.

Return to “DragonMech”