Revised Mech Schematic Sheet - comments?

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Revised Mech Schematic Sheet - comments?

Post by goodmangames »

Hi guys,

So you probably saw the bad news that the Mech Manual will be delayed. Part of the good news is fine-tuning everything, including a better mech schematic sheet based on comments here.

I've uploaded the current draft so I can get some feedback! Please post comments and critiques on this thread! If you have suggestions that will probably be useful to most players, I will try to incorporate them into the final version.

The catch is that for revisions to make it into the book, I need comments by midnight, Thursday, October 21.

Here's the link:

http://www.goodman-games.com/downloads/ ... Sample.pdf

Thanks,
Joseph
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

i'd like more crew member slots, but i can't think of anything that looks wrong off hand :)
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}

Post by Guest »

I hear you, Reese, but if forced to choose between weapon slots and crew slots, I'd go with weapons, and then list generic crew members in multiples (e.g. gunner x4, blah blah blah).

Anyhow, just my 2 cents. I think the sheet looks great, and I'm amazed how much you guys were able to pack in to one side of an 8.5/11. :)
cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by cssmythe3 »

Still has a WILL save for the mech, and unless you are dealing with sentient mechs or that prestige class that melds with the mech, it doesn't make sense.

Does it make sense to 'fill in' some of the PU lines on the right hand side with "crew" and "weapons". There is a redundant PU in the upper left. I would reccomend the first line of the PU be the "Base PU for Size"

may change the white on black text "SPEED" to "movement" and change the first white box title to "ft/rnd"

The build time in the upper right and constuction time are both listed, that seems redundant, is one supposed to be physical assembly time and the other the total time from start of DESIGN all the way through assembly and COMPLETION? The GP cost is at the top, as well as in the 'build section'.

Perhaps differentiate between the 'chassis name' (aka B-52 bomber) and the 'mech name' (aka Box's Cars) which is the name the crew have given the particular mech.

I think the critical thresholds belong next to the total hits points.

Definitely an improvement, and I'm flattered to see many of my own ideas from my spreadsheet incorporated into the design - its a wonderful feeling knowing that us mere gamers can have an effect on the direction of game development! Keep up the good work.
-Chuck Smith
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Thanks for the comments. Those are very good points, and we were able to implement most of them. Chuck, your comments here (as well as your schematic) have indeed been great, as you have noticed!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”