Magic from the Gur tribes

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Antman
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Magic from the Gur tribes

Post by Antman »

Is any else interested in the agricultural magic of the Gur tribe, with the book saying fruits and vegetables 20 to 30 times standard price, i'm wondering what some of those spells are, something for an enterprising wizard to think about. 1 acre of wheat can supply enough flour to make enough bread for a family of 4 for a year so that could be worth hundreds of gold peices
There is no problem in life that cannot be solved with the use of high explosives.
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

I don't want to break any code of silence here, but I did a little work with Gur magic for an upcoming Dragonmech sourcebook -- agricultural spells for arcane casters, some of which are also available to druids. The nomads of the endless plains are an interesting bunch.
cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by cssmythe3 »

I'd love to see a rough project list of upcoming titles! It would help stop me from developing materials you folks already have in the works

I have a wizard in my game who loves food and has developed enhanced versions of Presdigitation that focus on the "spice 1lb of food" option, as well as a 'detect ingrediants' 0 lvl spell developed for reverse engineering food, but has been adapted as a method for figuring out potions with a spell of lower level than identify.
-Chuck Smith
cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by cssmythe3 »

I'd love to see a rough project list of upcoming titles! It would help stop me from developing materials you folks already have in the works

I have a wizard in my game who loves food and has developed enhanced versions of Presdigitation that focus on the "spice 1lb of food" option, as well as a 'detect ingrediants' 0 lvl spell developed for reverse engineering food, but has been adapted as a method for figuring out potions with a spell of lower level than identify.
-Chuck Smith
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

OK, here's a rundown on titles that are public enough to talk about:

Mech Manual (you know about that one)

Q1 2005: Second Age of Walkers, which is a 192-page setting book decribing the four major factions of the age: Stenian Confederacy, the Legion, L'Arile Nation, and the Irontooth Clans.

Q2 2005: Steam Warriors, a 128-page sourcebook on the steam-based character classes (coglayers, mech jockeys, steamborgs).

With more to come... :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”