Size of a Lunar Dragon

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

SavageInOz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Size of a Lunar Dragon

Post by SavageInOz »

Designed a paper figure for the Lunar Dragon (until such times as they release figurines..hint..hint) Just not sure on scale. I based it on the pic from the cover of Shardsfall which shows a Barbagula mech (15ft tall) and from this I designed the figure to be 30ft from toes to tip of wings but when I look at the description I got the impression they are larger. Now I know they range in size, so what age do you think this one is? Also I would be happy to share the figure with the group but I don't want to infringe anyone's copyright, if I can get permission and you want to put it on the free materials page let me know.
cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by cssmythe3 »

That makes me bad, I posted a some cut & paste paper miniatures suitable for DMech on my website already:

http://www.brothersdigital.com/~csmith/steamp/

Have fun...

(added later: drat, the new secure FTP server is mangling punctuation, all the links work ok)
-Chuck Smith
SavageInOz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by SavageInOz »

It looks great...not sure about scale though...that seems a little tall for 15ft in 28mm scale.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Dude, definitely feel free to post it. The lawyers say I need all these disclaimers, but as long as you're not doing anything shady, it's fine by me! I love seeing other people's ideas.

And BTW, cssmythe3, your page is looking cool!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
SavageInOz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by SavageInOz »

Lunar Dragon Figure now here.

http://members.optusnet.com.au/poetic71/gallery.html

Feedback/comments appreciated.
chrispys
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by chrispys »