the mech schematic sheet

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

the mech schematic sheet

Post by Reese »

goodmangames wrote:OK, guys, I just posted the mech schematic sheet from Shardsfall Quest:

http://www.goodman-games.com/freematerial.php

Hope that helps!
a couple criticisms on the sheet

there's a will saving throw slot, mechs don't make will saves

the critical threshold section lists green, yellow, red... where's orange?
(i could understand leaving out green, since green is usually 100% to 51%)

the melee and ranged attack bonus would depend on who'e crewing a particular weapon, i think only the parts effected by the mech itself should be listed there (a seperate portion in weapon entires could list individual crew member abilities)

also, i feel there should be a few areas that are not currently listed:

an area for non-player crew-members' stats (stats relevant to mech opperation) in case the sheet is used for a mech larger than huge

an entry for the pilot's mech pilot skill, which could come into play fairly often

an area for cargo (ammunition, crew provisions, repair materials[if applicable])

an area for steam powers equipped to the mech (this could be considered part of weapons, special abilities, and cargo, though)

an area for a brief description of the mech

otherwise, it's very nice, and its well suited to single pilot/gunner mechs (or other mechs with very few crew actaully opperating the movement or weapons)
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Good points. The Will save doesn't really need to be there, but a very few mechs might use it -- assimilated characters, possessed ghost mechs, etc. (There are a few such examples in the Mech Manual.) As for the critical thresholds, you're right, that's a dumb typo.

(One of the weird things about doing sheets like this is they're adapted from forms I use while playing, but I don't actually play on these print-quality forms before they're in print. Most of the forms I actually use are hand-drawn, or done up in MS Word or something else, then subsequently translated to a spiffy looking print version late in the process. I don't actually have time to play the spiffy version before it's in print... and little errors slip through that are obvious when you play it.)

As for the other suggestions, those are almost worthy of a new expanded sheet all to its own. I'll see what I can get whipped together...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”