The planes

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

The Boot of Nero

The planes

Post by The Boot of Nero »

Are there any plans for a planar sourcebook?

--and furthermore, is the moon technically a seperate plane? NB
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

- No plans for a planar sourcebook.

- I wouldn't treat the moon as a separate plane, although that's certainly a good idea. I just thought of it as... weird. Really weird.

BTW, has anyone on this forum read Morningstar? There are some interesting parallels in the way it and DragonMech handle the moon...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
The Boot of Nero

Post by The Boot of Nero »

goodmangames wrote:- No plans for a planar sourcebook.
That sucks. :( Why not? The terran and lunar gods are duking it out Godzilla-style on the outer planes; why not have a planar sourcebook???
- I wouldn't treat the moon as a separate plane, although that's certainly a good idea. I just thought of it as... weird. Really weird.
Why would it be weird? The moon is the source of all evil on Highpoint as we speak; why not make it a literal hell, to boot?
BTW, has anyone on this forum read Morningstar? There are some interesting parallels in the way it and DragonMech handle the moon...
After reading DragonMech, I'll definitely be keeping an eye on further games by this company!

--DragonMech is a damn fine game NB
walrusjester
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by walrusjester »

The Boot of Nero wrote: Why would it be weird? The moon is the source of all evil on Highpoint as we speak; why not make it a literal hell, to boot?
B
The source of all evil? What about the Legion? Or many of the necromechs? Or certain Irontooth clans? The moon is nasty, sure, but plenty of other evils lurk on Highpoint.

So what would folks want to see for the planes of DragonMech?
Reese
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Reese »

heh, "Who knows what evil lies within the heart of man?" (or other humanoids, for that matter)

planes are pretty standard, i should think, unless you want to get fancy
(consider this: the only terestrial god mentioned is dotrak, the rest are from whatever campaign world you want to steal them from) i would figure you should use the planes manual for the setting that you're using to populate your campaign with gods (Greyhawk is the world that all the gods in the standard game come from, and WotC already ahs a manual of planes for that)

if the gods and planes that are most commonly used in D&D are open source, then information about the planes occupied by the lunar dragons' gods (and locations of any displaced gods, if appropriate) would not be inappropriate

also, if goodman games came out with a guide to faith and gods of Highpoint that detailed a new panthion, a chapter devoted to planar configuration would definently be a good idea
Namfoodle "Sparklediver" Raulnor
{Wounds -12; HP = 11/23}

Return to “DragonMech”