Multi-legged Mechs...

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

Thos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Multi-legged Mechs...

Post by Thos »

Apart from the Scorpion all the featured Mechs in Dragonmech are two-legged. Now that isn't the most stable configuration imaginable; just think of the possibilities in large puddles of slippery oil and lots of ball bearings.... :shock:

I favour multi-legged variants. I'm thinking of a six-legged beetle-like model, that in small varieties can be used as a bulk cargo mechs with cargo space under the 'carapace' armour (which even opens that way to allow access for loading/unloading, engine and defense options in the thorax and cockpit/crew quarters in the head. It could even be scaled up small City-Mech size, a really large beetle. Any good book on insects has loads of inspiration, BombardierBeetle anyone? :twisted:

Spiders should work too, remember that Mech in 'WildWildWest'....
Phasma Felis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Phasma Felis »

See the second post in this thread for my opinion on why multipedal mechs aren't more common. :D
Thos
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Thos »

but they're not as cool.
:D :D :D :D

Excellent Answer,

if you're a SpeedFreak MechDevil. :P

If you're a Dwarven Coglayer/Engineer (to which I come very close in personality and education, don't ask...), performance is more important.

I must admit though I can see those two-legged walkers with lances and swords guarding and herding a flock of TransportBeetles to the closest CityMech.
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Multi-legged Mechs...

Post by LVSUBARU »

Thos wrote:
Spiders should work too, remember that Mech in 'WildWildWest'....
I was thinking of that movie when reading the book!
An evil steam spider mech would be cool!!! 8)
Jaxom Faux
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Jaxom Faux »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAarrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!! the drow are attacking on the surface!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!
And Remember kids:
"Jû§† ßÊçÅù§Ê §Ømë-øñé WãñÐꮧ ÐøêŠ Ñø† MèÅñ hË ¡§ Lø§†...."
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

Jaxom Faux wrote:AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAarrrrrrrrrgggggggggg!!!!!!!!!!! the drow are attacking on the surface!!!!!!!!!!! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg!!!!!!!!
Ahhh, a drow spider-mech ... all I can say is, wait for The Mech Manual later this year. It'll cover several non-humanoid mechs. You won't be disappointed.
LVSUBARU
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LVSUBARU »

NICE! 8)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Aboleth mechs, anyone?

Derro mechs? Drow mechs?

Irontooth beetle-mechs?

Ken's mysterious hint has the ring of truth! Trust me, the Mech Manual should satiate some appetites. :)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”