Dragonmech: where to begin...

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

cssmythe3
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Dragonmech: where to begin...

Post by cssmythe3 »

GREAT PRODUCT!

I second the request to get an exclusive 'dragonmech' forum.

I'm working on an excel spreadsheet for custom building mechs, incorporating pilot/gunner stats, and presenting them in a summerized 'battle record' for the mech. I'll keep you posted as I go...

My question is with regard to reach. Where are the 'base' reaches for mechs? Do we simply have to interpolate from the existing mechs, or is it standard reach based on the 3.5 player's handbook p149 - which doesn't go beyond collosal?

What is the reach of a colossal lance? It would be nice to have on the equipment tables. Heheh who has the longer reach, a huge mech with a gargantuan lance or a gargantuan mech with a huge lance?

Request: It would be nice if the mech book (not yet released) incorporated the weapon stats on the same page as the mech stats, its kinda annoying to have to flip back and forth.

I'm toying with the idea of making a paper model of the Juggernaut mech to 28mm scale.

I haven't even made a CHARACTER yet. Sheesh.

Cheers,

Chuck Smith
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Glad you like DragonMech!

Mech reach: The base reach of a mech is half its height (DragonMech, page 72).

Spreadsheet: I actually have a mech-stats Excel calculator that I'll post once I've recovered from Gen Con.

Colossal lance reach: D'oh! Off the top of my head, I'd base it off a Colossal creature's reach, which is 20 ft. However, I'm sure this is published somewhere already, probably in a WotC book. I'll just have to find it.

Request for weapon stats: Yeah, I agree. It's a long story relating to layout. Sorry, the Mech Manual will be the same. :(

A paper model would be awesome. Please post pictures!
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DragonMech”