Looking into this.

Medieval fantasy mechs powered by steam, magic, or the labor of a thousand slaves.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh, walrusjester, mythfish

The Badger
Gongfarmer

Looking into this.

Post by The Badger »

So I'm pretty convinced and will be picking up DragonMech soon, but that leaves one more question. I'm interested in both Mech Manual and Steam Warriors when I get this I'm likely only going to have enough money for two, so which one do you guys like? I generally really like new races so that's what's currently drawing me towards Steam Warriors more, if I'm reading correctly that the Tik'Toks come from there.
The most fearsome woodland creature.
mythfish
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by mythfish »

I prefer Steam Warriors over the Mech Manual, but I confess to not being much of mech-lover. If you intend to run a very mech-heavy campaign, the Mech Manual might be better suited to you, but otherwise I think Steam Warriors would be a better choice simply because it has a wider variety of material.
Dieter Zimmerman
[[Faceless Minion of the Dark Master]]
Ken Hart
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Ken Hart »

I second Dieter's opinion. If you're looking for some wild mech concepts, then you might like Mech Manual better. But if you want a book with a lot of character "crunch" (feats, steam powers, PrCs) and great PC-development options, then Steam Warriors is for you. And yes, it has the writeup for tik'toks -- very cool.

--Ken
DCC, DragonMech, Etherscope editor
Writer: "Madness at the Mutilated Oak," DCC #48: The Adventure Continues;
DCC #52: Chronicle of the Fiend

"It really is the height of pessimism to have a hat lined with chain mail." --Mrs. Peel
The Badger
Gongfarmer

Post by The Badger »

Oh, well in that case that's probably what I'm going to do. I've already got some fun, at least in my mind, ideas for mechs that I want to use, I'll probably pick it up when I have the money but that is not now.
The most fearsome woodland creature.

Return to “DragonMech”