Complete Guide to drow: Dark Blade/Keeper

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Smurf
Gongfarmer

Complete Guide to drow: Dark Blade/Keeper

Post by Smurf »

Hi,

i have some questions about the Dark Blade & the Keeper :

1. What kind of action/ability are the Combat masterys of the Dark Blade(Su or Sp or Ex)?

2. The Combat masterys: Combat Sense and Feint say the Dark Blade gets his Level as Bonus.
Does this mean his Class Level or his Character Level ?

3. The Keepers ability to summon Demons: The Demons stay 1 Day/per Character Level of the Keeper.
Does this mean his Class Level or his Character Level ?

hope someone can help me
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

Der Smurf,

Welcome to the boards to you my fine Germanic friend. I got your email a little bit ago, but with moving the family into "The House That Gaming Built" and such I haven't had the opportunity to respond. So, here's some answers to your questions:

1) The mastery abilities (if I remember correctly) are Ex.

2) Level bonus = class level

3) I believe I revised this in the 3.5 edition of the book, but it should read "one hour per class level of the Keeper". Else, you could techinically have an entire army of demons at your regular disposal (while cool, just a bit too overpowering and unbalanced).

Thanks for the questions,
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
Smurf
Gongfarmer

Post by Smurf »

Thx for the welcome and the quick answer

I knew the rules would look like this :?

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”