Queen Doppelpopalus!

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Queen Doppelpopalus!

Post by Mr. Author »

Okay.... a little bit overboard, but hey, I was bored.

[b]Queen Doppelpopalus[/b]

[b]Medium-Sized Monstrous Humanoid (Shapeshifter, Legend)[/b]
[b]Hit Dice:[/b] 16d8 + 48 (120 hp)
[b]Initiative:[/b] +5
[b]Speed:[/b] 30 ft.
[b]AC:[/b] 21 (+6 natural, +5 Dex)
[b]Attacks:[/b] 2 Slams +18 melee, or Dodgeball Cannon +22/+17/+12/+7 ranged
[b]Damage:[/b] Slam 1d6+2, or Dodgeball 1d6
[b]Face/Reach:[/b] 5 ft./5 ft.
[b]Special Attacks:[/b] Martian Law, Detect Thoughts
[b]Special Qualities:[/b] Alter self, Immunities, SR 21, Damage Reduction 10/silver
[b]Saves:[/b] Fort +8, Ref +15, Will +14
[b]Abilities:[/b] Str 15, Dex 20, Con 17, Int 20, Wis 19, Cha 22
[b]Skills:[/b] Alchemy +8, Bluff +32*, Disguise +29*, Listen +25, Knowledge (Evil) +24, Profession (Legend) +23, Sense Motive +23, Spot +25
[b]Feats:[/b] Alertness, Dodge, Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Dodgeball cannon), Weapon Focus (Dodgeball cannon), Point Blank Shot, Far Shot, Rapid Shot, Precise Shot, Mobility, Skill Focus (Bluff)

[b]Climate/Terrain:[/b] Wherever she feels like it
[b]Organization:[/b] Martian Law
[b]Challenge Rating:[/b] 12
[b]Treasure:[/b] The Princess of Mars
[b]Alignment:[/b] Mostly neutral (with a dash of [b][i]evil[/i][/b])
[b]Advancement:[/b] By character class

Queen Doppelpopalus is the "leader" of all doppelgangers, and a Legend in her own right.

Once, long ago, a group of Legends found a doppelganger in their midst. It was quickly defeated by their monkey-wrench wielding leader, who shouted "and take that back to Queen Doppelpopalus!" It was later discovered that the "doppelganger" was actually a time-traveling double, but the damage was done. The Legend had planted the seeds of another Legend, one which grew with each tale into an entity known today as "Queen Doppelpopalus."

A gaunt figure in opulent clothing, the Queen is always witty, smiling, and quite charming, but she is very [i][b]evil[/i][/b]. In fact, it is rumored that she has not one, but indeed [i]several[/i] flower gardens to her name, as well as a small house surrounded by a [i]white picket fence[/i]!

[b]Combat[/b]

When in combat, the Queen prefers to use her powerful Dodgeball cannon, but does not hesitate to use her powerful shin-kicks when neccessary.
[b]Detect Thoughts (Su):[/b] Queen Doppelpopalus can continuously detect thoughts as the spell cast by an 18th-level sorcerer (save DC 23). She can suppress or resume this ability as a free action.
[b]Alter Self (Su):[/b] Queen Doppelpopalus can assume the shape of any Small or Medium-size humanoid. This works like alter self as cast by an 20th-level sorcerer, but the Queen can remain in the chosen form indefinitely. she can assume a new form or return to its own as a standard action.
[b]Immunities (Ex):[/b] Queen Doppelpopalus is immune to sleep and charm effects.
[b]Martian Law (Su):[/b] Once per day, as a standard action, Queen Doppelpopalus can declare Martian Law. This causes her cohorts, Lord Phobos and Lord Deimos, to appear at her side. Lord Phobos is an 8th-level NPC rogue, and Lord Deimos is an 8th-level NPC fighter (see the Dungeon Master's Guide for details), and each is equipped with a [i]+2 Monkey wrench of impact[/i] (simple weapon, 1d8 bludgeoning damage, threat range 19-20/x3). When slain, these cohorts vanish into dust along with their monkey wrenches.
[b]Skills:[/b] Queen Doppelpopalus receives a +4 racial bonus to Bluff and Disguise checks. *When using alter self, the Queen receives an additional +10 circumstance bonus to Disguise checks. If she can read an opponent’s mind, she gets a further +4 circumstance bonus to Bluff and Disguise checks.
(insert witty phrase)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Somehow I missed this post before -- I think was at the GAMA Trade Show when it was posted. So, retroactively speaking: HA! That's pretty funny. And I think it's deserving of an illustration. Does the dodgeball cannon fire those dimpled red balls we all used in grade school? And is Doppelpopalus in any way related to Snuffalufugus?
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Mr. Author
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

It's like a koala pooped a rainbow in my head!

Post by Mr. Author »

Yep. It's a dodgeball cannon. It shoots the big, inflatable red ones.

"I built a time machine!"
"That doesn't look like a time machine to me."
"Well, you're right. It's more of a dodgeball cannon. Heads up!"

and....

"I'm declaring Martian Law!"
"Isn't that martial law?"
"Silence! Who's the captain around here?"
(insert witty phrase)

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”