Major changes between 'drow guides'

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Major changes between 'drow guides'

Post by slimykuotoan »

Just wondering what the major changes were.

Re: Drider, Burol, etc.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Please clarify -- you mean between the two editions of Complete Guide to Drow? The main change was the conversion to 3.5, of course. ;)
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by slimykuotoan »

I was mainly wondering about the omission of the Burol, and the radically differing stats for the drider.
Black Knight
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Black Knight »

You certainly are full of drow questions... :lol:

As soon as I get my old hard drive from my desktop working again (this coming weekend when I get back from my business trip), I will move once again into the breach of the tight-lipped drow societies that infest the Underdeep.

(As a side note - I must thank you for your questions and patience as I answer each of these slowly. It has been over 3 years since I laid my pen to rest on the topic of the drow, and many of the files containing information you are looking for have found their way into some very dusty digital archives.)
JP Quinn
Owner, Dolmen Creative
Giving dice to your imagination!
Goodman Games Writing Credits: A few 3E DCCs, a Complete Guide, and a few books for Blackmoor.
slimykuotoan
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

re:

Post by slimykuotoan »

Oh no problem...

I'm just sorry it took me so long to pick up this resourse!

I guess my questions mainly stem from the fact that my gaming group is about to start Mysteries..., and I'm determined to make the most of it.

I'm only allowing these resourses: Players, DM's Guide, Complete Guide to Drow, and a few d20 spell books

Also, I'm approaching it from a 'rival houses' point of departure, in that all characters must be 'any evil' alignment.

ie. Drow houses contantly cast detection spells, etc, so a 'drizzt' would be picked up pretty quick.

We're pretty much ol' time gamers for the most part, so we're taking this campaign pretty seriously (in a fun way).

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”