Ok, after some review, I'd recommend these changes to bring the Psynergist up to 3.5:
- Drop the requirement for Inertial Armor feat.
- Drop Psionic Metabolism and Great Sunder from the list of bonus feats.
- Ignore references to 0-level powers.
- Add Greater Psionic Fist to the list of bonus feats.
- Starting at 2nd level, allow the Psynergist to use Wisdom instead of Strength when meeting prerequisites of Psionic feats.
I think this needs to be added because without Inertial Armor in the game as a feat, I feel the class needs a bit of help with AC, and less dependence on multiple ability scores. This is also a pretty good mechanic to support the theme of combining ki with psionics, and I wish I'd thought of it earlier.
- Change Inner Defense to read:
As long as you have not expended your psionic focus, you gain an armor bonus to AC equal to one-half your level as a psynergist, rounded down. For example, if you are a 6th level psynergist and have not expended your psionic focus, you gain a +3 armor bonus to AC.
- Change Synergy so that in addition to maintaining the maximum number of power points in your reserve, you must also have not expended your psionic focus.
Let me know if I missed any other relics of 3.0, but that should be about it.
Keeping your independence requires a lot of help.