Question on CC to Treants

Comments on our other product lines: Dungeon Alphabet, Monster Alphabet, Cthulhu Alphabet, How to Write Adventure Modules That Don't Suck, and more...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Derek

Question on CC to Treants

Post by Derek »

Can treants use the Craft Living Magic Item feat on each other?

When it says plants and animals, I assume it means those creature types. Is that correct?

What happens to a living magical item when its magic is dispelled?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Joe Crow is the man to answer this -- I'll let him know you've got a question...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JoeCrow
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JoeCrow »

I'd say no, unless you've got a treant with an intelligence of 3 or below. It didn't occur to me to make that specific for plants as well as animals, sorry about that.

[Nervously checks own intelligence score]

Yes, it's for plant and animal types.

As for dispel effects, I'd say the same thing as any other magic item. Dispel check vs the item's caster level to suppress the magic abilities for 1d4 rounds.

Hope that helps, and I'm glad to see folks still using my book!
Derek

Post by Derek »

Still?

Dude, this is one of the best creature specific books for D&D (even putting it up against the 2nd ed. Ithiliad and Sea Devils). The rest of the CC are good and useful, but this is my favorite.

I will have to note the intelligence restriction. And the reason I ask about dispel magic has to do with the text mentioning how the magic and life force are intertwined in a living magical item.
JoeCrow
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JoeCrow »

Well, dang. Now I feel all appreciated and stuff. Thanks, man.

As for the entertwining of magic and life force, I figure it's much the same as the entertwining of magic and regular-type matter that makes up a magic item. While it's possible to tear them apart, it takes a bit of doing, and is likely to wreck the physical vessel whether living or non-living.

Of course, now I'm thinking about the possibility of making an intelligent living magic item, the same way you make a regular intelligent magic item. Hmm.

Return to “System Neutral Products and More”